Premier Geocoin Race

res2100

The Premier Geocoin Race has officially started and with the start of the race comes this new thread.

95 geocoins started the race on Saturday and were distributed to other geocachers at the event. 10 geocoins have already been deposited into other geocaches. Updated mileage (for those coin pages that have it shown/calculated already...looks like it takes some time for the system to update this) and caches visited have been reflected on the geocoin racer list and sorted by mileage. Still waiting for some late entries to arrive.

Feel free to post anything related to the race here in this thread and above all, lets all have fun with this.

Premier Geocoin Race

Aaaaah a nice new room with clean walls :(

Thanks for doing this Res, great idea and alot of work for you.

I think geocoin owners can update mileage quicker if they click 'recalcalate distance' on the coin page faster than the system will update it :(

Good luck to all and thanks for a nice clean new room :)

Ohhhh...that is great! Maybe one of them is my racer! Are some headed for GW4??

You are doing a great job managing this race Res! :(:(

Yes one cacher said they would be taking one of the coins to GW4.

I have a list of all the coins and who took what at the event. Hopefully they will all get moving soon.

UKCC'S England Geocoin is now the new leader in the Geocoin Race.

There are also several coins that are leading the other category of most geocaches visited, with a total of 3 caches each.

There are 3 other coins that have had some movement, but the coin pages do not reflect any mileage yet so I can't rank them as of yet. Looks like some coin pages have their mileage updated fairly quickly while others seem to take several day.

UKCC'S England Geocoin is now the new leader in the Geocoin Race.

There are also several coins that are leading the other category of most geocaches visited, with a total of 3 caches each.

There are 3 other coins that have had some movement, but the coin pages do not reflect any mileage yet so I can't rank them as of yet. Looks like some coin pages have their mileage updated fairly quickly while others seem to take several day.

On my coin page when I hit the "recalculate milage" then it was corrected. Those people that don't have the correct milage may want to give it a try.

13th place for me! Missing being up a few spots by less than 10 miles! 2 caches, 1 short of leading there! User that picked on my coin said he is visiting Ontario from Winnipeg! Look out leaders, here I come!

On my coin page when I hit the "recalculate milage" then it was corrected. Those people that don't have the correct milage may want to give it a try.

YES!!!! Now I show 33.5miles, but it doesn't show up on the racing page yet. Are they linked? You don't have to input all this stuff manually do you? GO RACERS GO!!

YES!!!! Now I show 33.5miles, but it doesn't show up on the racing page yet. Are they linked? You don't have to input all this stuff manually do you? GO RACERS GO!!

Yes, I am doing it all manually right now, and so far it's no big deal. I have a watch on all the coins in the race and get a notification of any activity for the racers. I am keeping all of the "Placed" log notifications in a folder, and once I see that the coin has it's updated mileage, I'll update the race page move the email to another folder so I know I have updated the list. Right now there are 11 coins waiting for their mileage to be updated on the coin pages before I can reflect this on the race page.

I also noticed that several coins have exchanged hands by being dropped in a cache and taken by the person they were caching with. Unfortunately, this goes against the rules I posted. People should be using the "grab it" log entry and not the "Placed it/Retrieved it" log entries when giving a coin to someone else. Not sure how I will handle this yet. Since the coin was never actually in the cache, I feel it shouldn't count towards the # of caches visited category. Hmm, maybe I need to change the category name "visited" to something else to reflect the fact that a coin actually was deposited and stayed in a cache. Last thing I want to happen is for someone to take a coin on a trip and deposit/retrieve it from every cache they find. Suggestion are welcomed.

I also noticed that several coins have exchanged hands by being dropped in a cache and taken by the person they were caching with. Unfortunately, this goes against the rules I posted. People should be using the "grab it" log entry and not the "Placed it/Retrieved it" log entries when giving a coin to someone else. Not sure how I will handle this yet. Since the coin was never actually in the cache, I feel it shouldn't count towards the # of caches visited category. Hmm, maybe I need to change the category name "visited" to something else to reflect the fact that a coin actually was deposited and stayed in a cache. Last thing I want to happen is for someone to take a coin on a trip and deposit/retrieve it from every cache they find. Suggestion are welcomed.

I guess if the coin changes hands(cachers) this would fine as long as both cachers log a find for the cache in question. Just eliminate(ignore) multiple logs by the same cacher to prevent 1 person from logging in/out of every cache they do.

I think I'm going to purchase a Toronto coin :unsure:

Is it to late to get one and have you enter it in the race?

Under high secrecy and behind closed doors with the best security in the world, I have made a high level deal to enter a second coin into this great race I am currently losing in.

So watch out, here I come!! :rolleyes:

Was that enough hype? :laughing:

Woo Hoo! Let me enjoy this while it last!

Currently in 2nd place!

I know why you are doing soooooooooo well............................

You have a pact with res2100. He/she hasn't stopped & taken the time to update anybody else! Now stop gloating over how well you are doing & volunteer to help him get everyone posted! We want to see the REAL results! :ninja:

It's too bad he isn't part computer, with no job & no life so that he can sit here & update each coin as it makes a move! We are accustomed to instant results. In fact I would like an instant replay of the move that got you into 2nd!

All 3 of mine are moving!!! Go CC Racers!!! :)

Why are so many coins still "ready to race" and not moving at all :) ???

I've updated the latest results for all the coins who have their current mileage displayed on their respective coin pages...I try to do this about once a day. Unfortunately it seems to take some coin pages a very long time to update themselves with their current mileage. There are still 2 coins that were placed on the 15th whose mileage are not reflected on the coin page yet...And another 19 from this past long weekend.

If a coin on the race page still says "Ready to Race", all it means is that the actual coin page has no updated mileage yet or it has not been dropped into a cache yet.

It would certainly help if coin owners notice that their coin has moved if they could click on the "Recalculate distance" option on their coin page.

I just checked the event page where most of the coins started, and all but 4 coins have been retrieved from it. 3 of these coins however were entered by a non-cacher and his 2 friends. I don't think he understood the whole race thing, but he wanted to enter. I let him take his/friends 3 coins. I will email the other person who I gave the 4th coin too.

No change in leader...yet. But I do know of several coins who are/will be moving great distances.

Note that from June 3rd to 12th, there will not be any updates to the race page as I am getting married and then going on a honesymoon.

I've updated the race page with some comments to the racers that are lagging behind. ;)

Also positioned the 8 other racers that have moved, but the mileage is not reflected yet on the coin pages. 99 coins total in the race, with several on their way to the starting line still.

Do geocoins in the race have to start in Toronto... could I activate a BC Geocoin and drop it in a cache here to start it's race from the West Coast?

Since all the other coins in the race started out here, then to be fair to others, your coin must also start out in my possession. I will either place it in a cache within a week of receiving it or hand it off to another cacher to start it's adventure.

Let me know if you would like to enter some coins in the race and I will email you my address of where to send the coin(s) to. It's still not too late to enter, as all the coins are pretty much still even with no racer having any clear advantage yet.

There are still about a dozen late entries coming in and there always seems to be more people continuing to want to take part in the race or enter additional coins.

The Premier Geocoin Race has officially started and with the start of the race comes this new thread.

95 geocoins started the race on Saturday and were distributed to other geocachers at the event. 10 geocoins have already been deposited into other geocaches. Updated mileage (for those coin pages that have it shown/calculated already...looks like it takes some time for the system to update this) and caches visited have been reflected on the geocoin racer list and sorted by mileage. Still waiting for some late entries to arrive.

Feel free to post anything related to the race here in this thread and above all, lets all have fun with this.

Premier Geocoin Race

As well as me!! They've gone to a few caches recently and haven't logged my coin with it!!! Come on people- if your not going to help then step aside and let someone else take it!! Just antsy about having it move some, rather just sitting in some backpack or on a desk somewhere collecting dust!! :sad:

[qoute]

Note that from June 3rd to 12th, there will not be any updates to the race page as I am getting married and then going on a honesymoon.

I'm sorry... :sad: , just kidding congrads...hope all your Up's and Down's well you know.. and Don't go to bed mad!! cause you might up with hot morn coffee in your lap the next morn.. :o