Poi

The way I understand it is .... to create your own custom POI's you create a spreadsheet,,, longitude, latitude and name of POI... Are you abel to categorize ??.. shopping, transportation, fuel, etc... ??

Yes. The way this is done is to create separate POI files for each category. Put all your custom POI files in the same folder. when you run POI Loader it lists each file as you click thru it and they all get loaded. When you do a Find/Custom POIs you can then select by Database (your files).

The way I understand it is .... to create your own custom POI's you create a spreadsheet,,, longitude, latitude and name of POI... Are you abel to categorize ??.. shopping, transportation, fuel, etc... ??

Yes. The way this is done is to create separate POI files for each category. Put all your custom POI files in the same folder. when you run POI Loader it lists each file as you click thru it and they all get loaded. When you do a Find/Custom POIs you can then select by Database (your files).

I am planning on having a custom icon for each category... It has to be a *.bmp file correct? I got one to work with my Benchmark POI file so I have at least gotten that part of the equation down. I have not seen the name pop up when I scroll over the icon on the screen though, is that a new bug in firmware or what have I missed when I create the GPX file with GSAK?

What size in pixels is the best for not cluttering up the screen too much? Is there a separate setting on the GPSr for when they show up on the screen or are they linked with all the other user waypoints?

Also is there a collection of icons for caching that is available for downloading already out there? I don't mind little smiley faces but I was hoping for something more descriptive.

Edited by dhbaird