Gsak And Cachemate For Palm

WHen you get a pocket query in email, I always save the zipped file to the desktop. Open GSAK and drag the query into the program. GSAK opens the query and it sort of looks like an Excel spreadsheet. You can manipulate the data in GSAK. When ready, you can dump the data to a GPS via a cable or into a PDA that has cachemate.

Edited by wesleykey

WHen you get a pocket query in email, I always save the zipped file to the desktop. Open GSAK and drag the query into the program. GSAK opens the query and it sort of looks like an Excel spreadsheet. You can manipulate the data in GSAK. When ready, you can dump the data to a GPS via a cable or into a PDA that has cachemate.

I used to do it like that too, till I discovered "open with" on my download screen (firefox). when I told it to open with gsak I totally removed the need to do any dragging and dropping, also it stays on the yahoo server not my harddrive.

bwmick

Sorry to hijack your thread but it's kind of relevent.

Does anyone know how to send your logs of found caches from the PDA back to GSAK? Is it even possible?

Yes it is possible. If you are using a Palm PDA and Cachemate, there is a small program that comes with GSAK called cm2gpx.exe

This program converts the Cachemate backup file to a gpx file that can then be imported into GSAK. When this backup file is imported into GSAK it will set the Found Flag, Found By Me Date, and UserNotes in GSAK for all Found Caches. There is a very nice macro available from the GSAK Forum

Cachemate - Import and log finds from, CacheMateLog.txt

If your using a Pocket PC PDA and cachemate you can also import your finds, but the macro has to be modifies slightly.

If your using either a Pocket PC or Palm PDA with a Caching program other than Cachemate you can still import your found logs but I'm not familiar with how since I've always used Cachemate.

Edited by N8OFP - Del

Seriously, these problems are best answered at the GSAK forum.

For now, I'm moving this to the GPS Units and Software forum, but I think it would be better served to go to the GSAK forum. The only reason I haven't closed the thread is that it has been talking about using Cachemate in conjunction.