"discovering" A Travel Bug

DrJay

I just recently noticed the option of "Discovering" a travel bug. What's that all about? Is it to log that you found a bug in a cache, but didn't take it? (nice for TB hotels, but don't have a bug at the time to trade). And/or is it to show that a bug was in a cache that it wasn't listed as being in? In either case, you found it... but it doesn't become part of your inventory? Just curious.

Gives you credit for 'finding' it without having to retrie and drop it. I think part of it is to prevent all the emails that were being generated by people checking out trackable coins at events and dropping them back in. It will not be part of your inventory, but your trackable(TBs/coins) find count will increment.

While I understand the system need for this, I wonder if TB's will still move as much since you can get credit without moving them. Time will tell.

I just recently noticed the option of "Discovering" a travel bug. What's that all about? Is it to log that you found a bug in a cache, but didn't take it? (nice for TB hotels, but don't have a bug at the time to trade). And/or is it to show that a bug was in a cache that it wasn't listed as being in? In either case, you found it... but it doesn't become part of your inventory? Just curious.

You can take a TB without trading for it. It's not a trade item, it's a game piece. Follow the wishes of the TB owner, not the cache owner when it comes to TB's. They are stopping off at the cache, they are not a part of the cache.

People It's for the ICONS !!!

yeah, but really - how hard is it to get the TB icon?

It also works for trackable(ICONS) coins.!!! :)

Yes, I completely understand it's use for the coins. I'm just confused about doing it to get the TB icon. :ph34r:

However, as a TB owner, I've already experienced one plus of the "discovered" log for TB's. One of my TB's has been hanging out in a cache for about a month, and no recent logs had mentioned him. But, yesterday, he was "discovered" in that cache, so while he's not moving, at least I know he's still there and not lost. :blink:

excellent for coins. I have 2 coins in my collection that are activated by the owners before trading, i want the icons and of course to put on the page that they are in my collection, but dont want them in my inventory because after 14 days u get this anoying message saying you have had it too long and should move it soon.

so just discovering it allowed me to post my message on the coin page, add the icons to my profile and not have them in my inventory.

Let us add an extra point for this feature:

We have this TB competing at the 1st Portuguese TB race.

We knew that a geocacher would take it to Alaska pretty soon, and probaly would drop him at a "popular" cache so it can be brought again to another state.

Seems that Alfran, the geocacher that took it to Alaska, already drop the tb at a cache and now a new geocacher has it. He made the discover and let us know what's going on.

So, we'll have more time to Alfran register the drop and to MAX-X to register the pickup. We want those thousand miles! :rolleyes: