Garmin Support....

I keep reading about the great support and service Garmin has, but everytime I have ever called I get a message that the wait will be at least 30 minutes. Is that good support? I could get George Bush at the White House faster than I could get someone at Garmin. I'm beginning to believe Garmin only has machines at their office and no humans to talk to. Who has 30 or more minutes to sit with a phone to the ear, hoping someone eventually answers? They should either hire more phone people or quit advertising the alledged wonderful phone support you get at Garmin. If you can never get anyone to talk to, this is non-support, not good support. :( Has anyone else had this problem, or is it they just won't answer calls from me?

The wait can be frustrating, but once you talk to them, I'm betting they can give you a LOT better answer to your GPSr question than Geoge would. In the meantime, did you post your question here? There are a lot of experienced users in this forum that may be able to help.

There can be little question that Garmin after sales service is the best in the world, for any equipment. They have twice replaced old GPS equipment for me free of charge - both of which were long out of warranty and one of which was bought abroad. Don't knock them; you might just need their help one day.

Use e-mail. They give you quite detailed responses and you can do other things instead of waiting on the phone. I've been very satisfied with their e-mail support. Just include as much relavent info as you can in the request. e.g. version #'s, model #'s, serial #'s, long description of the issue or question.

One of the reasons for the long delay is that once you do get them on the phone they will stay with you until you have your question answered or problem resolved. Last time I called I had several questions for them, and I was on the line for over an hour. Never once did I get the feeling that I was being rushed so that they could move on to the next call. Sure the 30 minute wait seems like a long time, but it was well worth it in the end.