You Know You're A Caching Addict When...

OK, I bet many of you are just itching to finish off this sentence! Well I have been caching for over a year now, and the other day I was trying to say something to my daughter; it came out wrong and ended up with the word "cache", which was totally irrelevant. She pointed out my error and I replied "Sorry, my words keep coming out in the wrong direction," which really got her worried!

So, you know you're a caching addict when...

everywhere you go you are sussing out prospective cache hiding places...even at work!

you have "place more caches" written on your "to do" list in the kitchen

when someone stops and asks for directions, you give them co-ordinates

you customize your car with geocaching decals (you know who you are...!)

you plan family holidays in coincidentally prolific cache areas...

you never leave home without your caching bag

you set your alarm for 4.00 am when there's a new cache in your area ...

you come home from Tesco and your kids say, "Which cache did you find today?"

I think I am too far gone to get over the addiction now! OK, now post your endings to the sentence, and lets see how many people identify with them!!

You go to Tesco for a pint of milk, and just happen to notice locking boxes are on offer ...... and forget to buy the milk.

Spare boxes and micros are already stocked and readily accessible .... might need them?

You watch TV, and instead of concentrating on the storyline, you point out the cache locations.

You carry your GPS everywhere, including a spare film container - well just incase??

Caching bag always packed and sitting beside walking boots ..... well you never know when .....!

Shopping in the town usually ends up in looking around the outdoor shops rather than the High Street fashion shops.

When you look at every container in the kitchen, bathroom, garden, and try to decide if it is waterproof enough for a cache container.

Then spend hours trying to think of that really ellusive sneaky container!!

Visits to the Library or bookshops usually mean looking at maps/local history/walk books.

There is no decent 'tupperware' left in the kitchen, only the stuff with bad fitting cracked lids.

The garden is quickly turning into a jungle of dandelions and bramble briars and you contemplate hiding a cache in it, great hidey holes!!

Kids fed on ready meals, no time to cook a meal from scratch, and what was baking again???

My paper OS map of Perth has markings and highlighter all over it, well dog-eared, and has now split in half from over-use.

All outings revolve around wether there is a cache close by.

E-mails eagerly checked everyday - geocaching ones that is, the rest can be left till later.!

Sure there are loads more - Addict? Nah, sounds perfectly normal behaviour to me. :(

Edited by perth pathfinders

When your mobile phone has ftf in the predictive text messaging dictionary

When you realise that a lot of the numbers in your mobile phone are caching frinds (that you MET through caching)

When you move house and have cleared your new area within a couple of months, even though it's a cache rich area

Yeah yeah - ok, so all of the above apply to me!

Hee hee - I went to Asda last week to get cat food and a few bits, came home with 5 lock n lock boxes, and goodies and log books to fill them! Poor cat had to have biscuits that night!

Edited by HazelS

You start thinking of locations by the name of the cache thats set there?

ANYTHING in the house becomes a possible cache container :ph34r:

You screech to a halt driving along a main road just becase you saw a plaque that might fit in for a multi

You realise you cant get in the bedroom because of the piles of cache swaps and containers being stored there

You ALWAYS have a film canister in you handbag - oh! and maybe just a small letterbox too??

You carry around more GPSrs than you would like to admit

Everywhere is a possible cache location

You do a 40 mile round trip to he not so local suprmarket because they sell better cache boxes lock and lock boxes than the one just 2 mins down the road

You trip over small children and dogs when in town because you are looking at the tops of buildings for dates etc

The people you chat with the most all think this is perfectly normal behaviour because they do it too :(

You KNOW its perfectly normal behaviour

...The backpack is constantly kept well stocked with trades and the GPSr batteries are recharged daily!

You lot have me in stitches.

Yes, I should be doing the housework, but here I am instead.

Getting very worried as I can recognise many of the symptoms and I've only been doing this for 3 weeks.

Su.

Yes, I should be doing the housework, but here I am instead.

Getting very worried as I can recognise many of the symptoms and I've only been doing this for 3 weeks.

Su.

Sorry 'Housework' what is that??

Nah, sorry, don't understand that one! :P:)

Oooo an addict in the making!! hee hee :(

When your mobile phone has ftf in the predictive text messaging dictionary

Now this one I like - why didn't I think of that!! :(:ph34r:

Edited by perth pathfinders

Nah, sorry, don't understand that one! :(:ph34r:

Housework - things around the house that get done if its

1. Rotten weather( cant go out caching)

2. g.com site is down (cant plan what caches to do when it brightens up)

3. Internet is down ( cant research where the next cache is going)

4. Printer isnt working (cant print off micro sheets/stashnotes)

err not a lot of housework goes on in this part of the world....

Nah, sorry, don't understand that one! :ph34r::P

err not a lot of housework goes on in this part of the world....

When you actually PAY your next-door-neighbour to come in to do the dusting and 'hoovering' a couple of times a month just to keep the place half respectable :(:)

You know you addicted when....

.... you raid every drawer in the house looking for possible swops... :D

.... every car journey is punctuated with " ther a cache over there... there behind that etc. :D

... the only POI's on your TomTom are caches and trig points :D

.... you search around a remote wood muttering to yourself, in the drizzle for over an hour looking for a plastic box you know is here somewhere... :o

..you log onto this site and check the forums numerous times a day.

..using the phrase "sorry I'm late"..was the traffic as bad as you say?..LIAR!!

..my wife doesn't understand me anymore!!..Oops,that was before I discovered caching.

..you check the weather forecast for this weekend. And disagree with it.

... When your 9 year old is on a sleep over. You go out chasing FTF's!

We got it though!

Our first FTF in 210 caches.

Well we were pleased! :o

SL

Did you have a good meal?

Also:

When you are willing to risk Italian leather shoes on a muddy footpath, because you've just spotted a cache within 0.25miles.

You keep wellies and overtrousers in the boot of the car so you don't spoil your work suit.

You name your goldfish 'Waypoint'

and...

when your daughter confiscates your caching gear because she thinks you're becoming obsessed ("What's for tea, did you say, dear? Ermm..plenty of pizza in the freezer...difficulty 2, terrain 1...mumble, mumble..")

when you're browsing the Groundspeak forum at half three in the morning :ph34r:

You know you're addicted when....

.... you raid every drawer in the house looking for possible swops... :o

.... every car journey is punctuated with " there's a cache over there... there behind that etc. :D

:ph34r:

... you see trees in terms of good or bad hiding places ...

:)

... all your friends are tired of hearing about geocaching

... you spend journeys trying to spot a cache POI on your TomTom as you drive along

... you keep checking your email to see if anyone's visited your caches (or moved your TBs)

... you're up till 12:20 in the morning replying to a post on the forum

er... (goodnight)

...you go back to work after a week off - for a rest

...you consider making a photo album of your TB photgraphs - and wonder who you could show them to

...you spend more on petrol than you do on food

...the idea of even trying to wash the car to make it look clean has been given up on

...whilst planning your cache week...ahem UK summer holiday...you look to see which caches you could bag on the way there

...whilst on a non caching trip out with friends you attempt to bag a pre printed cache whilst 'popping out to use the ATM'

....a DNF keeps you awake all night

Edited by freespirit1402