Tb - Discovered It

jangor

On the TB log page there is an option "discovered it". What is this log entry used for?

Thanks

jangor

I'm pretty sure it means you've found it, but not where it's suppose to be. Say it is suppose to be in X cache, but you found it in Y cache, you'd use the discovered it..... but again I'm not real sure

The discovered it log is for travel bugs, coins that are found at events that a lot of people will log, but they do not move it. The discovered log does not send emails to the owners and does not cause the owner of the event to get all the dropping travel bug logs. It is a nusaince reducing type log. Here is a link to a real long thread that explains it better if you care to read............ http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=115232

The discovered it log is for travel bugs, coins that are found at events that a lot of people will log, but they do not move it. The discovered log does not send emails to the owners and does not cause the owner of the event to get all the dropping travel bug logs. It is a nusaince reducing type log. Here is a link to a real long thread that explains it better if you care to read............ http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=115232

Read that and now I get it. Thanks very much..

Somebody 'discovered' my bug but I think they picked it up and moved it.

I'll have to see if it shows up in another cache.

It's an unintended consequence of this new feature. It doesn't really solve the problems newbies have when they try to figure out what to do with a Travel Bug.

I've used the "Discover it" to confirm TB's existence in caches so far. Even though e-mails don't get sent to the owner, he or she can trace its history in case something happens.