Gps Cover

kyleausfeld

Hey, i just got into geocaching and was wondering about protecting my unit. My first GPS was a Garmin ETrex, and after one year i put a few good marks on the screen, and wanted to have a back map. I recently purchased a Lowrance Expedition C, and want to protect it. I will be using it mostly for Fishing, but also a fair amount of hunting/geocaching. What would you recomend, a case that i can use the GPS through the case, or a completly covered case that i have to pull out to use. thanks for any suggestions.

Hey Kyle,

I put an invisible shield on my Garmin 60cs a couple of month ago. The shield is awesome! I didn't like the full neoprene protective cases as it made it a bit cumbersome trying to use the buttons on the unit and the plastic cover protecting the screen glared so much it was hard to see the screen. Invisible shields are custom made to fit the screen of just about any type of electronic device. GPSrs, watches, cell phones, pda's, etc., etc.. They're easy to put on and the good ones are nearly indestructable. If I remember correctly, it cost me less than 20 bucks. They have a good demo video on their web site. You can check them out at http://www.theinvisibleshield.com

Manco46er

Hey, i just got into geocaching and was wondering about protecting my unit. My first GPS was a Garmin ETrex, and after one year i put a few good marks on the screen, and wanted to have a back map. I recently purchased a Lowrance Expedition C, and want to protect it. I will be using it mostly for Fishing, but also a fair amount of hunting/geocaching. What would you recomend, a case that i can use the GPS through the case, or a completly covered case that i have to pull out to use. thanks for any suggestions.

Look around...a small camera bag or binock bag may work :( Worked for me :ph34r:

For protecting your screen from scratches NOTHING can beat the InvisibleShield. I put a horrible scratch on my unit when it was almost brand new - I'm talking about a deep gouge. The InvisibleShield protected the screen completely. It isn't like the cheap PDA protectors you can buy most places. This thing is incredibly tough. Best of all, once I had trashed it the InvisibleShield folks replaced it for free. You just send them the destroyed shield and they send you a brand new one. For life. The $10 InvisibleShield saved my GPSMAP 76CS -- now that's worth every penny and a whole lot more.

hey

i got an invisible shield and it works great! i also bought a gillson case for a GPSMAP 76 and the Lowrance Expedition C fit in it. it is a little tight, and takes some work to get into the case straigh, but it will protect it even further. not to mention it has a belt loop, a clip and a handle bar holder.