Remember Me? Checkbox

ParrotRobAndCeCe

Would anyone other than me like to see the "Remember Me?" checkbox when you log into either Geocaching.com OR Waymarking.com changed to UNCHECKED by default instead of CHECKED? This way, if you DID want to be remembered, you would only have to check it once and never again, and if you didn't want to be remembered, you wouldn't have to do anything.

With the default being CHECKED, if you want to be remembered, you do nothing, but if you DON'T, you have to UNCHECK it every single time.

Furthermore, under the current system, if you do not want to be remembered and forget to uncheck the box, you have to go and get rid of the cookies manually. Under my proposed change, if you DO want to check the box and forget, you simply have to log out and log back in again.

Ok, I might be missing something, but when I log into Geocaching.com the "remember me?" is already unchecked.

Second, Shouldn't the logout thing work either way? I could be wrong but this is how it seems to work on me computers) When you hit the "remember me?" it is saying keep me logged in until I log out. So if you press the logout link, it logs you out and ends the remember me

Am I missing something?

Ok, I might be missing something, but when I log into Geocaching.com the "remember me?" is already unchecked.

Second, Shouldn't the logout thing work either way? I could be wrong but this is how it seems to work on me computers) When you hit the "remember me?" it is saying keep me logged in until I log out. So if you press the logout link, it logs you out and ends the remember me

Am I missing something?

Yeah, remember me is persistent across sessions and leaves a cookie behind that you have to manually remove.