Help Me Make More Geocaches In Keokuk,ia

trapper19852004

help me make more geocaches in keokuk,ia. or maybe more around keokuk,ia but i would like to see more in keokuk,ia better. i got one done that is a start lets keep them coming :anibad: from trapper19852004 and check the first one out it is called River view park or GCVZ74

From looking at the map it looks to be placed around the Illinois/Missouri area. Have you tried posting in the Midwest forums about this?

There was a town like that in Nebraska where no caches existed. One cacher decided to take it upon themselves to keep placing caches. Eventually other cachers discovered the town's potential and began placing some in it.

then how can i get more people to be gocachers in keokuk and is there any one out there to help me at all

* Take your friends and family out caching.

* Hide more caches yourself.

* Host an event. Put up flyers at anyplace outdoorsy people frequent.

* Set up a "class" through the local community college (do you have a Kirkwood branch?).

* Attend someone elses event and meet the other locals.

* Be active in the forums, both here and at forums.iowageocachers.org.

* There are a couple of groups in Illinois. I dont know which one is most active across the river from you, but find out and become active in their forums.

Just some ideas....

Edited by WindChill

then how can i get more people to be gocachers in keokuk and is there any one out there to help me at all

Um... chatfields a nice park, have you considered putting one there?

Also, only a small fraction of geocachers visit the gc.com forums. If you want to contact more cachers you should do some of the things Windchill has said. Attend events, host and event, place some more, encourage friends/family to take up geocaching too, etc.

Edited by welch

The advice about getting friends into caching, placing more yourself, holding an event etc is all very good. I would add contacting the local newspaper and seeing if they would like to do a story on caching.

All that stuff can really make caching take off in an area. An example in Nebraska is the town of Albion. It is not near any large cities (or even small ones) and has about 700 people. But some cachers there got their friends involved, had a local newpaper story done, held an event, etc. That area now has around 75 caches!

It just takes getting the word out to locals and see if a few get hooked. :cry:

:laughing: You might want to look up Keokuk49ers and Team Froggy Boots. They're pretty much local to Keokuk. There's also 3 Men & a Mommy down in Canton. We've been eyeing a couple spots in Keokuk and may be up there within 2 weeks :laughing: to drop a cache or two. Of course challenging Believer :laughing: is almost certain to get a few caches on the Keokuk side of the river.