KSLS To Host 6th Pm Cito For KS NE SD WY & CO

:anibad: Breaking the boundaries between surveying and geocaching! :blink:

June 10, 2006

9AM to 3PM

Waypoint GCVW4Q

N40* 00.118

W097* 22.152

Conveniently located for you in the central area of the United States.

The Kansas Society of Land Surveying will host a CITO event at the 150th Anniversary Celebration of the Sixth Principal Meridian. You’re invited! :lol: This is the place that all land descriptions in Kansas, Nebraska, and parts of South Dakota, Wyoming and Colorado use as the initial reference point. At a similar event last year, there was a turn out of over 200 people right by a town with a population of 78 … but this time it will also be a geocaching CITO event!

So far there are 53 geocoins lined up for this multi-state event! Lots of thanks already go out to Glen the Kansas Geocaching Administrator.

Check out GCPH8J for cool pictures of the area.

Check out BENCH MARK LIST for a list of nearby bench marks.

cantuland

It is true, I will be giving away a volunteer coin. These have sold for over 200 bucks on the E Monster. I think I have four other coins I am planning to give away. There should be a few new additions to my collection by then. If I am really lucky, my benchmark coins will be in. I doubt it though, this would be a great event to introduce the Meade's Ranch Geodetic Datum Center Coin. Glen

It was great! Now I am wishing I would have left Bud Boy home, he kept me out of the classes! He provided excellent entertainment for a few though. A cat egged him on and he gave me a little belly slide. That is a lot of belly to slide! This photo was just before Bud made the lunge, that was one strange experience. Most cats do not want anything to do with the boys, this one came right at him..... :lol: Glen

fe304fbf-520d-417f-a93b-bca3a0343d09.jpg