Toronto Geocoin Now Available!

res2100

It took 2 months, but our new Toronto 2006 geocoin finally arrived on Monday and turned out great. We are extremely pleased with them and the response has been wonderful so far.

These coins are now officially for sale.

These beautiful coins are trackable on geocaching.com with their own icon and unique prefix. There are less than 500 left of these coins. Click on the following links to see and purchase these coins. The base price of these coins is only $7.50 CDN and the limited editions that are available are only $8.50 and $9 CDN.

Toronto 2006 Geocoin or if busy, here too: Toronto 2006 Geocoin

Please submit your orders to res2100@yahoo.com with the following information:

-gc.com id

-complete mailing address

-how you would like to pay

-quanity of each version

Toronto-T6-32x32.jpg

For those of you who have already ordered, your coins are either already in the mail or being shipped out in the next day or two.

Edited by res2100

;) Nice coins!!! Do you have any left???

WIN

Still have plenty of the Antique Bronze left...Two-Tone seems to be the most popular and there's less than 20 of those left.

I have all 12 of your's here on my desk...

Where do you get the activation codes from?

---------------

EDIT: Oops, nevermind ... I see I have them in my inbox!

We either email the activation codes as we are preparing the packages or we'll include them on the actual coin sleeve, piece of paper with the coins or on the packaging. If we missed sending anyone the activation codes or you can't find them, just drop me an email and I will send them to you.

...all coin orders that have been received and paid for as of Friday 5pm have now been shipped.

...only 15 left of the 2-tone and 42 left of the antique gold.

Where do you get the activation codes from?

---------------

EDIT: Oops, nevermind ... I see I have them in my inbox!

We either email the activation codes as we are preparing the packages or we'll include them on the actual coin sleeve, piece of paper with the coins or on the packaging. If we missed sending anyone the activation codes or you can't find them, just drop me an email and I will send them to you.

...all coin orders that have been received and paid for as of Friday 5pm have now been shipped.

...only 15 left of the 2-tone and 42 left of the antique gold.

Got my coins today. Nice packing job...no need to worry about "Torn Mailers".

I just wish you had not taped all of the poly bags together....I ended up just tearing the coins loose and now have to come up with some flips. In the future, you might consider wrapping the coins in paper, BEFORE you tape them all together.

I will also say that I was rather disappointed with the quality of these for as much as they cost. There are major tooling marks on the outer edges, and the painted areas are rippled.

There ARE mints out there that do much better work than this. Maybe the proofs turned out nicely, but production quality just fell on its face.

I DO like the design....but the workmanship is something that I consider an equal part of the overall product.

Got my coins today. Nice packing job...no need to worry about "Torn Mailers".

I just wish you had not taped all of the poly bags together....I ended up just tearing the coins loose and now have to come up with some flips. In the future, you might consider wrapping the coins in paper, BEFORE you tape them all together.

I take pride in the way I package items I ship. The tape I used should have just peeled off from the bags they were in, so there shouldn't have been a need to rip them. However using tape as the way case in your package was not what I normally do...usually I staple them into little pockets so they don't move. For smaller orders I've also switched to usualy disk mailers instead of bubble mailers. Might cost me a bit more, but I think they are more secure. I honestly don't believe many people would keep these coins in Polybags. I don't...I put the ones I keep into sleeves or coin flips. For anyone else who's packages I used tape instead of staples to keep the coins from moving, just take your time to peel the tape off and you shouldn't have any problems.

As for the quality, other than 1 coin being minted off center, the rest from what I can see and the praise I got from others has been all positive with regards to these coins. They are just like any other coins out there and those in my collection. Sorry if you weren't pleased or you think otherwise. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. We even paid the $2 per coin extra to get the better base metal. I don't know what you mean by tooling marks. I just looked at the about 40+ coins that I have here and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the paint on them (paint is very smooth), except for 1 (out of 40 random coins) that has a very small raised speck on the outer edge of the paint, but I think we all know minor things like this can be expected.

As for the cost of the coin, the $7.50 Canadian that we sell these coins for is a lot less than what most other coins sell for these days. We tried to keep the selling price as low as possible. Based on your comments, it does sound like you are just trying to pick away at every little thing here. Feel free to email me privately to discuss your concerns and if you could email me pictures of the problems, since I don't think it is as bad as you make them out to be.

For anyone else that is interested in purchasing these, we still have a number of these available.

I ordered 2 Bouncy Bunny coins from res2100 and 3 weeks have gone by since he has said they were shipped and still NO coins have arrived. This amount of time to send something from Canada is verging on ridiculous. Especially since I was told that they were in stock and ready to be shipped. Caveat Emptor.

I ordered 2 Bouncy Bunny coins from res2100 and 3 weeks have gone by since he has said they were shipped and still NO coins have arrived. This amount of time to send something from Canada is verging on ridiculous. Especially since I was told that they were in stock and ready to be shipped. Caveat Emptor.

Not to rain on you, but did you try emailing res2100??? Also, I've had coins take longer from Canada than Europe... Perhaps patience is a virtue. <_<

Not to rain on you, but did you try emailing res2100??? Also, I've had coins take longer from Canada than Europe... Perhaps patience is a virtue. <_<

That's true and it is a bother, I don't know why orders get caught up at the border so much between Canada and the US, I get and have people receive coins all over the world days before stuff sent to or from the US. I have had orders shipped to me from the US that took more than a month. Unnaceptable? You bet, and I do complain to the post office.

I have in fact mentioned/complained about the shipping to res2100 several times. It shouldn't take 3 weeks to mail a package from Canada to the U.S. It takes about 9 days to get mail from Australia. I'm trying to be patient about this, but like I said before; it's verging on ridiculous.

I have in fact mentioned/complained about the shipping to res2100 several times. It shouldn't take 3 weeks to mail a package from Canada to the U.S. It takes about 9 days to get mail from Australia. I'm trying to be patient about this, but like I said before; it's verging on ridiculous.

Ridiculous? Yes. res2100's fault? No.

If you want to complain to someone, the place to start is the US Homeland Security Department. That's why the mail takes so long to cross the border into the US -- not res2100, or the post office. HSD has the authority to open and inspect each and every package entering the country, so you can imagine the amount of time it takes. Last Christmas, it was recommended to mail packages from Canada to the US 2 months in advance to allow for the anticipated delay.

Take a deep breath and go caching or something. res2100 is a great guy, and if he told you he mailed the coins, he mailed the coins.....

Ridiculous? Yes. res2100's fault? No.

If you want to complain to someone, the place to start is the US Homeland Security Department. That's why the mail takes so long to cross the border into the US -- not res2100, or the post office. HSD has the authority to open and inspect each and every package entering the country, so you can imagine the amount of time it takes. Last Christmas, it was recommended to mail packages from Canada to the US 2 months in advance to allow for the anticipated delay.

Take a deep breath and go caching or something. res2100 is a great guy, and if he told you he mailed the coins, he mailed the coins.....

:anitongue: Yes! Good answer, I'd have to agree about res2100 - my prior contact with him was when he was organizing the Coin race. He was prompt and friendly in all replies. I doubt in the least that this is his fault.

:ph34r:

Edited by The Blind Acorn

Well maybe if he had been a little more forthright in the shipping times from the get go, then I probably wouldn't be complaining about it. The shipping cost was a few dollars, but I would have gladly paid more if I had known it might take a MONTH to receive the coins. This is simply a case where the seller didn't offer additional shipping services to the buyer or notify the buyer that shipping from Canada to the US is slow. This is an issue that needs to be resolved before someone buys from res2100 again. All his/her responsibility. A little prior information is usually enough to relieve a great deal of stress.

I will concur with things being said here. The job of crossing the border is a sticky one. Sometimes it takes a couple of days and others it takes weeks. I do a lot shipping back and forth to Canada and I never know how long it will take. The only way things may be more reliable would be UPS or FedEx and I don't think most people would be willing to pay the cost of having things shipped in that fashion. All I can say is be patient. I am still waiting for coins that have been shipped and I will assume they will make it here.

Well maybe if he had been a little more forthright in the shipping times from the get go, then I probably wouldn't be complaining about it. The shipping cost was a few dollars, but I would have gladly paid more if I had known it might take a MONTH to receive the coins. This is simply a case where the seller didn't offer additional shipping services to the buyer or notify the buyer that shipping from Canada to the US is slow. This is an issue that needs to be resolved before someone buys from res2100 again. All his/her responsibility. A little prior information is usually enough to relieve a great deal of stress.

Found this on the Toronto Geocoin page (http://ca.geocities.com/geocachingcanada/geocointoronto.html) which seems to detail very nicely the buyers shipping options and risks.

Shipping:

The Geocoins will be securely packaged and shipped in padded mailers, or boxes for larger quantity orders. Not responsible for lost packages. Most packages will be sent as letter mail in padded mailers, unless it doesn't meet the letter mail guidelines or you choose a different option. Insurance is not available for letter mail or small packages (USA and overseas), but if needed I can send it as Expedited, Xpresspost or registered. Packages within Canada or packages over 1kg elsewhere, will include insurance. You may also pick up the coins from us personally, or if we are geocaching in your area, we will be more than happy to deliver the coins to you at no cost, hence you save the shipping costs.