Who Would You Rather Cache With?

To answer your question the way you asked it....I would take the video game enhanced child, they have learned to hunt for caches of ammo and life and strenth and stuff.

But to be truthful I must say my wife, after many cache hunts in the Rocky Mountains(and her with astma) when we get close to co ords...she sets down for a rest...

After I scour the outer area of co orids and dont find anything, I ask her to get up....she has been setting on it in many instances...

Dave from Team_Talisman

Hmmm, tough question. Children shame me with their energy, old people slow me down. (Well, maybe more last year than today.)

I once helped a guy do a geocache presentation to a 'Lion's Club'. Average age - 60+. They didn't give a duck's fart about caching.

I pick kids.

I'm assuming that each are willing to go out of some curiosity about it. In that I case I would happily take either or both. If interested, learning can happen.

Now if they were not at all interested/curious, then I would take neither. No point to it then.

Hmmm, tough question. Children shame me with their energy, old people slow me down. (Well, maybe more last year than today.)

I once helped a guy do a geocache presentation to a 'Lion's Club'. Average age - 60+. They didn't give a duck's fart about caching.

I pick kids.

So that's how ducks make that sound! :anibad:

I don't perceive that there is a lesser of two evils in this scenario.

I would skip the caching and recommend a nap for everyone :anibad:

As long as Angelina and Lucy are up for it, that sounds fine with me. But in that situation, I'm not down with the old man thing.

Any time I can get a kid out from in front of a TV or computer screen and introduce him to the outdoors its a good thing. Its also cool to get an older person out there too but all things being equal, influencing the kid gets you more bang for your time. They will eventually get married and have more kids and if they develop a love for the outdoors they can pass it on to their children and spouse.

Converting an older person will generally convert one person. Convert a kid and you could influence subsequent generations.

I would rather take my husband and dog caching...but if I have to choose, the kid will crawl into the bushes or get under things to get the cache so I dont have to. With an old person, I may have to do the crawling. Always think ahead.

Just kidding. I would take either one if they were interested in caching. I prefer caching with my husband though.

Edited by Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking

It took a minute to decide how to answer this one. I thought of Nicole Kidman first, or Angelina Jolie, but figured I would be so distracted I would never find the cache (I mean we have to have our priorities straight) I decided that of the 2 possibilities I would go with the kid. Give him the GPS to operate. He would probably treat the whole thing like a video game and it might turn out ok. If not you could always cut up the little monster and make him into a multi cache. (I know I have threatened my daughter with that several times). <_<

Converting an older person will generally convert one person. Convert a kid and you could influence subsequent generations.

We don't have grandchildren but if we did we would take them geocaching so I disagree with you here. In fact I would say that in lots of cases grandparents have more spare time to spend with kids than their parents do. Ever heard that saying "If we'd known that grandchildren could be so much fun we'd of had them first"?http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon1.gif

easy the old person.....

set the gps up any body can read it in compass mode. i have fond memories of hunting with my

grandfather... he was always lost but it was a great time.... great stories.... i learned so much

from him wandering around the state.........

after he passed

hunting wasnt fun anymore it was his company that put the fun in it.... now i geo cache

and he would have loved this game....

The kid, definitely. Then if we get really lost, I can eat him.

Old people are so gamey.

LMAO :ph34r::o

I love caching with my two legged horse......... :)

ththcrazyhorse.gif

I would take the kid my 5 yr old can find um better than me most of the time!

Edited by Team Jsam

The kid, definitely. Then if we get really lost, I can eat him.

Old people are so gamey.

Try using a good marinade, it takes away the gamey flavor!

If Angelina and Lucy don't want to go caching, I don't have a problem with the three of us taking a nap together!

Edited by Woodbutcher68

I like caching alone. My kids don't A. have the patience, B. Too young to appriciate it/go for long distances. Hubby, when he is here, doesn't have much patience. I take friends occasionally and the one I took most recently seemed to really enjoy it. We are planning to place a cache together soon. That was fun. Other friends had fun while we were doing it but didn't seem interested in continuing on with it themselves.

The Olsen twins, a bottle of Tequila and a can of Crisco ...

Didn't you already use this answer in an OT thread long, long ago? :mad:

Back OT the kid. He can do all the hard work and I still get the smiley.

If it's open season on pix I'll take a puppy-they're such chick magnets. :mad: