Visiting Louisville, Ky In June

LisaS

I'll be in downtown Louisville for a few days for an event in mid June from CT. I would appreciate it if any of the local cachers might be able to recommend some "not to be missed" caches that are in walking distance of the Galt House Hotel on N. 4th Street, as I won't have wheels while I'm there.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer!

LisaS

I would use REFLECTIONS ,very well thought out and creative virtual, as a starting point. Almost anything in the immediate area hidden by Show Me The Cache is worth the walk will give you a good walking tour of the riverfront and some of the downtown area.

Ditto on Reflections, it is one of my favorites in Louisville. There are plenty of others in the area that are fun as well. On the same trip that we found Reflections we also found Chimes of Freedom and Cacher at the Bat. All within walking distance.

Have a great visit.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm flying there on Friday and looking forward to poking around in the very little spare time I"ll have for poking around. Any must not miss eateries in the same area??

LisaS

I would use REFLECTIONS ,very well thought out and creative virtual, as a starting point. Almost anything in the immediate area hidden by Show Me The Cache is worth the walk will give you a good walking tour of the riverfront and some of the downtown area.

Ditto on Reflections, it is one of my favorites in Louisville. There are plenty of others in the area that are fun as well. On the same trip that we found Reflections we also found Chimes of Freedom and Cacher at the Bat. All within walking distance.

Have a great visit.

Edited by LisaS

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm flying there on Friday and looking forward to poking around in the very little spare time I"ll have for poking around. Any must not miss eateries in the same area??

LisaS

Joe's Crab Shack is an easy walk from the Galt House and has great food and a great view of the river. If you want to walk about 1/2 mile east along riverfront park there is a real nice Tumbleweed on the river.

Edited by Turtle3863

Joe's Crab Shack is an easy walk from the Galt House and has great food and a great view of the river. If you want to walk about 1/2 mile east along riverfront park there is a real nice Tumbleweed on the river.

There are also a quite a few places on 4th street (HRC, T.G.I. Friday, and several others). Reflections will take you to 4th street. Sorry to here that you will have very little spare time, but hope you enjoy your stay.