Poi Handler Geocaching Poi's

Hi,

I've been using POI Handler in my MIO269+ for various POI's. One of which is the Geocaching POI's they have on their site. As of last night there were about 5500 Geocaching POI's listed out of a possible 10588(ish). As you can only upload 10 at a time without contacting POIHandler.com uploading 5000+ POI's isn't really a good option. The Geocaching POI's are also in a bit of a mess. There is a root directory of Geocaching POI's then more in various country names and another under geocaching.com. Now here's the crunch. Anyone using POIHandler and the geocaching option would probably be a cacher (duh!) and may monitor this forum. If so would anyone object to me contacting POIHandler and uploading the latest full list from geocacheuk and putting it in the root of the UK list of Geocaches. That way the list will be fairly complete and only some maintenance would be required. Although it may be better to just upload a full list each month as caches are archived etc. Of course if someone from geocacheuk would like to .........

Any opionions or suggestions?

Robin of Team S-J

In fact you don't even need to be a premium member. That's the process I've been using. POI Handler allows you to either autosync with their web site and/or sync locally. Syncing locally is okay but why drive when you can fly. The only fly in the ointment is the number of caches that use quotes in their name which upsets the asc format needed for POIWarner on my MIO 269+.

In fact you don't even need to be a premium member. That's the process I've been using. POI Handler allows you to either autosync with their web site and/or sync locally. Syncing locally is okay but why drive when you can fly. The only fly in the ointment is the number of caches that use quotes in their name which upsets the asc format needed for POIWarner on my MIO 269+.

I mean a Geocaching.com premium member - you can then access the downloads at stats.geocacheuk.com. There are many tools like POIEdit that can convert between formats if none of the ones you can download has the format you need.