Anyone Having Problems After Upgrade To 2.7?

Hi,

After upgrading to v2.7 from 2.6 my 60CSx will now not turn on. Obviously other people have been able to get the upgrade to work without any problems but has anyone had or heard of similar problems with this or previous upgrades? WebUpdater appeared to finish correctly and the GPSr shut itself off or tried to reboot after the update but now nothing. I do get the brief screen flash when the power button is pushed but nothing else. I've emailed Garmin but I'm expecting that they will want it back to fix it. Does anyone know of any tips or tricks that might help? I did find that if I held the scroll wheel down while pressing the power button that the unit was recognized by the computer when hooked up to the USB cable but WebUpdater would not go past the screen where you pick the GPSr unit.

Thanks,

Kris

<_<

Hi,

After upgrading to v2.7 from 2.6 my 60CSx will now not turn on. Obviously other people have been able to get the upgrade to work without any problems but has anyone had or heard of similar problems with this or previous upgrades? WebUpdater appeared to finish correctly and the GPSr shut itself off or tried to reboot after the update but now nothing. I do get the brief screen flash when the power button is pushed but nothing else. I've emailed Garmin but I'm expecting that they will want it back to fix it. Does anyone know of any tips or tricks that might help? I did find that if I held the scroll wheel down while pressing the power button that the unit was recognized by the computer when hooked up to the USB cable but WebUpdater would not go past the screen where you pick the GPSr unit.

Thanks,

Kris

<_<

Don't email them call them. It will be a 30 minute hold but worth it. Send it back to them Monday via Priority Mail and you'll have it back Monday or Tuesday the next week. I've heard of some folks doing a hard reset. Any help out there for Kris. He's even got me in tears.

Hi,

Thanks,

Kris

<_<

I just upgraded to 2.7 on my 60CSX with no apparent problems. I hope you get yours worked out. I've heard great things about Garmin's service.

Photomaniac

I had the same problem when I updated to 2.60 with the WEBUPDATER. Gave me that terrible sinking feeling. I went to the Garmin web site and started over doing it with out the webupdater and got it to work. I have not used the webupdater for the beta or the 2.70 and they both loaded fine from the web site. Good luck.

I used the web updater too, on my 60Cx, and it was sort of okay, what the problem was, that I kept hearing the USB connect disconnect sounds on my speakers, quite often during the update, and it maybe that I have a noisey USB controller in my PC. I'm wondering if noise generated within the PC can really effect USB data transfers? When my PC is sitting idle, I tend to hear noise coming from the USB, via the speakers. Also next time I will try the old method of updating, instead of the web updater.

Last night I had to download 2.7 a second time from Garmin both direct without Webupdater. The first file would not even Un-zip but the second try worked fine. I'll bet Garmin's server was so busy that I did not get a complete download on my first attempt.

Olar

<_< Thanks guys! Doing the manual update worked! I still had to hold down the scroll button when I turned the device on so that it was recognized by USB. After that the manual updater found it right away and they update took immediately!

I think where I went wrong with the initial update was that I had a bunch of stuff running in the background at the time I did the WebUpdate. Maybe something leaked across into the data stream going to the 60CSx :mad: . Who knows?

Anyway, thanks once again!

Kris