Problems Getting On The Alacache Website

salkids

ALACACHE! ALACACHE! (beats on desk with fist) :( We Want ALACACHE!

Is this the Alacache support group for people having withdrawls? :ph34r:

I will be going out of town white water rafting with my son's Boy Scout troop this weekend, how am I going to cope wondering if all my caching cohorts are back in communications or not.

I need help. I can't shout out at anyone. O.K. I shouted at the kids this morning (I'm sure it was the withdrawls). I want to shout out not shout at. :(

Here is my shout out - Good morning all!! :P

I've been meaning to email Jeff but I see Pudman is on top of it. I'm thrilled to have hit 1000 finds over in Keymaker territory this past weekend. My first ever visit to Florence and Muscle Shoals netted 52 finds in one day. Congrats to Rick for passing 1000 without even leaving town! There sure have been a LOT of new caches placed in Huntsville this spring!!! Keep up the good work!

Bluelew and Goochman came buy the store yesterday and asked about Alacache. Gubbool also called me yesterday. There are a bunch of folks wondering about the situation. I don't know if other Alacache folks are communicating by alternative means, but right now the only place I've been looking for information is here. I understand that Jeff has a lot on his plate, and I appreciate (as I'm sure many others do) his hosting the site. But, if anyone has news of the actual status of Alacache or how others are staying in touch (if at all), I would be thankful for a word dropped in this thread. I can then pass that word on to others with whom I come in contact. Thanks.

I still haven't been able to get in touch with Jeff, which is unusual. At this point I am kinda worried about him more than the site! :laughing:

I wish you hadn't said that. Is there any way someone could phisically check on them. If he and Resqueme are ok then I'm ok with waiting until he gets the site back up, whenever that may be.

Edited by ranger-rob

wow im glad it isnt me. I went to log on to update everyone on how ive been. Been awhile with the new job that has kept me from logging in, much less do some geocaching.

I hope jeff is ok and the site gets back up. Now that I am getting some free time again I am really wanting to get back on Alacache again.

Its been so long i thought my book mark was out of date or that i just didnt remember the web address.

We have a Dixie Cachers website available.

www.dixiecachers.com

It's set up very similar to the way alacache was.

It's not Alacache, I didn't want to step on anybody's toes and rename it Alacache. Membership is open to anybody that can get along with others.

I found yahoo groups hard to use and it just wasn't the same as the forums/shoutbox, etc... format that we were all use to.

So yall check it out and sign up if you want to.

I'm not trying to splinter off from alacache. I was told that the old site was down, and nobody was sure if it would ever be back up. I feel like Dixie Cachers can become all of Alabama Cachers home on the web like alacache was. No harm meant on my part.