My 1st Geocoin Is Now Available For Pre-order

Mandollyn

Finally! My geocoin is now available for minting! This coin will come in Antique Silver and a Limited Edition Shiny Gold. This coin will be trackable and will feature it's own unique icon if demand is high enough!

GettingThere.JPG

The front of the coin showcases four of the different activities a geocacher may find himself doing on the way to his next cache. The cacher on this coin and the text ringing the outer perimeter of the coin are going to be raised and the darker areas of grey will be recessed for contrast. There will also be black filling the ring of the outer perimeter.

The question is: How will YOU get there?

The back of the coin features three trees along with a twist on a well known phrase. When someone “Can’t see the forest for the trees,” that indicates that they are too involved in the details of a problem to look at the situation as a whole. This twist reminds fellow geocachers that they may need to step back from the details and take another look and “See the forest for the trees.”

A total of 350 Antique Silver and 150 Limited Edition Shiny Gold coins are going to be produced. Preordering is made available to establish interest & as always: first come, first served. The cost per coin will be $7.50, for both Antique Silver and Shiny Gold. The shipping cost is based on the actual weight and there is a $2.00 handling fee per order (not per coin).

~ ~ ~ To preorder please go to my web page ~ ~ ~

http://www.geocities.com/vegas_russo

Not bad looking I like the fact that you kept it clean I see far to many coins that look like a clip art trashcan.

Edited to add: I would buy one if it has a unique icon and tracking.

Tracking is a definite! ICON is if enough people respond.

Is it just me or is it strange that someone with 4 posts and 3 finds is selling a geocoin?

At least it has some concept towards geocaching and not just made for something that has nothing to do with it.

Nice looking btw. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mystery Ink

Is it just me or is it strange that someone with 4 posts and 3 finds is selling a geocoin?

I was diagnosed with Cancer shortly after starting this hobby - I've had all the time in the world to sit around after surgery and design a coin.

Now that I'm better, I'm rearing to go! We did go caching the weekend before last - DNF. Turns out the coordinates were wrong & it has been disabled for now.

Caching this weekend!!! Maybe even tonight?!

Hope you trust my intentions. My eBay ID is MrsMartini if you have reservations about me.

I was diagnosed with Cancer shortly after starting this hobby - I've had all the time in the world to sit around after surgery and design a coin.

Now that I'm better, I'm rearing to go! We did go caching the weekend before last - DNF. Turns out the coordinates were wrong & it has been disabled for now.

Caching this weekend!!! Maybe even tonight?!

Hope you trust my intentions. My eBay ID is MrsMartini if you have reservations about me.

Well welcome then Mandollyn I hope you enjoy geocaching as much as we do. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you are recovering well.

Edited by Mystery Ink

What's the difference between 3 finds or 300 finds? When is it appropriate to create your own coin?

Granted, I only have 7 finds, but if I had been able to do so, I would have designed and minted a coin of my own for a signature item.

As for posts, someone whose been caching a long time could be a new person here. Dare I say it? There are other sites out there.

Mandollyn: Great coin. I've pre-ordered one of each.

Mandollyn: Web form didn't have a space for the country, so have put "UK" in the state field. Presumably that's not a problem as the address can be obtained via the Paypal information?

Sorry for that! The address will be verified through PayPal as you indicated...

Thanks for the preorder!!!

Going to update my site right now with stats & COUNTRY line!!!

Will you be doing any trading? ;)

:PHummmm

Great idea, but remember, this is a preorder... :P

I've been saving a Geocat for a special someone who might want to trade.

:( Hummmmm

I am getting a few for me...

We'll see if you have my little kitty once I get the $$$ to complete my $3000 order!!!

i am having a problem with placing an order it says an error occurred and won't let it through. i have checked all fields and don't see a problem

If you are having web page glitches, feel free to e-mail me with the specifications...

Name

Address

City

State

Zip

Country

# of Antique Silver

# of Shiny Gold

Remember, I am counting on the preorders as real requests.

Thank you!

When will a decision be made about the icon?

I will definately have an ICON... I decided that today!

icon32.JPGicon16.JPG

As far as:

Just have a few questions as I didn't see the information here or on the order page.

Who is minting your coin?

When will you be invoicing us?

When do you expect delivery?

I have updated my site to reflect the answers...

<_<

Edited by Mandollyn

;)

I'm so happy to offer this coin! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me!

If you are having web page glitches, feel free to e-mail me with the specifications...

Name

Address

City

State

Zip

Country

# of Antique Silver

# of Shiny Gold

Thanks again!!!

icon32.JPG

If I'm missing your ID, please respond on here with the first 5 of your address like: 123 MA or PO BOX 12345

THANKS! (There is an ID spot on the form now)

I have the following orders matched with IDs.

triffid

mohr11

gutcache

JMBIndy

The Klever Boys

Marky

Ferreter5

bob393

Szuchie

CENT5

qattales

Zork

Tharagleb

BenGeo'en

the.pud

mohr11

TMOCM

Lazer

Quoddy

doublestuff

Ryder3 & Better Half

LZ33

I'm still missing a few people! If your ID isn't here, please respond on here with the first 5 of your address like: 123 MA or PO BOX 12345

THANKS! (There is an ID spot on the form now)

I have the following orders matched with IDs.

triffid

mohr11

gutcache

JMBIndy

The Klever Boys

Marky

Ferreter5

bob393

Szuchie

CENT5

qattales

Zork