Your Coin On Ebay.

Renegade Knight

One of my Shirt coins was just sold for $103!! <_<

Wow, that's more than enough to buy a few new shirts :) Isn't that a non-trackable coin too?! Were you the seller or did someone else reap the rewards?

I have yet to see any of our coins on the E place. Guess we are not worth much. :D

I've seen your Support our Troops go for over $30.00!

I Made personals

100 Bronze

40 Silver

10 Gold

I personally sold a bronze on ebay and it fetched $30 as buy it now.

I have seen one person i traded with sell a bronze and it went for around $15-18 if i recall

I have donated 2 gold for charity causes. 1 went for $25 and other not yet listed.

I was rather impressed with the $30 bronze, but was rather disapointed that a gold went for only $25 when only 10 were minted.

But seeing as the original 100 cost me $4.14 each and the second run gold/silver were $3.20 each. I guess i shouldnt be disapointed at all.

regardless, I personally will not be selling any more of my personals, and only be trading them.

I do still have some Silvers Available for trading.

OMG is that the gold one I have that we traded? If so.... thank you! thank you! I didn't realize it was that rare and no worries I won't be selling my coins.... maybe my grandkids but not me, I could never see doing that....

One of ours went for 30$ on ebay when they were for sale on a store for less haven't looked recently...

CA

One of my regular TMOCM personal non-trackable coins just sold for $30. Not sure who the seller was, but I was somewhat surprised at how it was listed, TMOCM Cub Master GeoCoin! Rare, HTG! LOW NUMBER: 88

Rare? HTG? Low Number:88 ? Talk about false advertising, I have over 40 coins left out of 200, still actively trade my coin and I would consider a low number to be something less than 30.

One of my regular TMOCM personal non-trackable coins just sold for $30. Not sure who the seller was, but I was somewhat surprised at how it was listed, TMOCM Cub Master GeoCoin! Rare, HTG! LOW NUMBER: 88

Rare? HTG? Low Number:88 ? Talk about false advertising, I have over 40 coins left out of 200, still actively trade my coin and I would consider a low number to be something less than 30.

I have number 5 in each version of your coin. I consider this very low, except to the people with coins 1, 2, 3, and of course 4. :rolleyes:

:huh:I sell some extra coins on there sometimes.. just to fund buying more (it's an addiction I think) I have also sold coins for other cachers. I try to be as forthcoming and honest as possible. Some descriptions are subject to interpretation though... Rare to ME means it's no longer sold, and the ones that are out there.. no one wants to let go of. Examples being a CavScout, Tiki, or a LFD Geobone <-- (There is one listed there by the way!)

A HTF coin would be one that Is also sold out, but can be obtained easily. I have seen just flat out lies being told on there but you (as a consumer)just have to be careful, and be aware of whats out there before you bid. Do at least a minimum of research on the coins you are looking for. There is a LOT of information on most coins right here in the forums. :rolleyes:

Edited by 57chevy

Crazy rare indeed! Yipes. I know that I get a lot of folks asking about these coins, and I also know that I don't have any left (well...of course I have one each for myself, and I also did have one of each for some special caches.) As it turns out, I just gave away the silver one I was saving - so this means that I have the one gold one left for a special cache.

That said - you can talk to my kids. I know that I have left coins on my desk that "disappear". They ussually show-up in the toy room. I'm pretty sure we have one silver geobone that is MIA. Probably to be seen during my next duct cleaning - my 18 month old seems to like the "plunk" sound of dropping things down the duct vents.

To be honest - most folks I traded or gave these to seem to want to keep them. (that said - once they are yours they are YOURS - so trade, sell, give, or throw away as you see fit)

So "crazy" rare? Maybe. I know that I don't have any.

Crazy rare indeed! Yipes. I know that I get a lot of folks asking about these coins, and I also know that I don't have any left (well...of course I have one each for myself, and I also did have one of each for some special caches.) As it turns out, I just gave away the silver one I was saving - so this means that I have the one gold one left for a special cache.

That said - you can talk to my kids. I know that I have left coins on my desk that "disappear". They ussually show-up in the toy room. I'm pretty sure we have one silver geobone that is MIA. Probably to be seen during my next duct cleaning - my 18 month old seems to like the "plunk" sound of dropping things down the duct vents.

To be honest - most folks I traded or gave these to seem to want to keep them. (that said - once they are yours they are YOURS - so trade, sell, give, or throw away as you see fit)

Holy Cow! It went for US $142.50, Makes me warm in fuzzy inside to know I have a antique gold that I found in a cache.(quite recently actually/Aug06)

Well I've got a one of a kind sample coin up, it's my design, and I won it so there's not problem with selling it. The kicker is, I'm selling it for charity and right now with only five and a half hours left on it, it's worth a whopping $6.00! I don't get it...oh well.

I suspect the low price was in part due to there being no icon. and I didn't know about it until I read this post.

Look what I just saw... :D on E-bay CRAZY RARE! Lemon Fresh Dog GEO-Bone Geocoin LFD Silver 12 $142.50

I know. I was watching the auction. :( The geo-bone has been on my seeking list for a while, and it's one of the coins I keep a watch out for on e* since that seems to be the most likely place I'll ever get one. But $142.50 is just a wee bit too rich for my blood.

I've yet to see my personal up there, but that's probably because it's trade-only and I haven't exactly flooded the market with them.

Well I've got a one of a kind sample coin up, it's my design, and I won it so there's not problem with selling it. The kicker is, I'm selling it for charity and right now with only five and a half hours left on it, it's worth a whopping $6.00! I don't get it...oh well.

I suspect the low price was in part due to there being no icon. and I didn't know about it until I read this post.

Sometimes it's how you word it too and what words people search for. I've seen the same coin sold by two different people around the same time and have two very different ending prices. Maybe next time you should put "CRAZY RARE" in the title. :(

I was amazed to hear that the Geo-bone was fetching what it was. I am fortunate enough to have both a gold and silver. Most coins in my collection I would have no problems parting with for that price. But I would not part with either of my Geo-bones as they were both gifts from LFD. I would be lying if I said I would not part with them for any amount of money. But I can tell you that no one would be crazy enough to pay me what it would take :unsure:

I Made personals

100 Bronze

40 Silver

10 Gold

I personally sold a bronze on ebay and it fetched $30 as buy it now.

I have seen one person i traded with sell a bronze and it went for around $15-18 if i recall

I have donated 2 gold for charity causes. 1 went for $25 and other not yet listed.

I was rather impressed with the $30 bronze, but was rather disapointed that a gold went for only $25 when only 10 were minted.

But seeing as the original 100 cost me $4.14 each and the second run gold/silver were $3.20 each. I guess i shouldnt be disapointed at all.

regardless, I personally will not be selling any more of my personals, and only be trading them.

I do still have some Silvers Available for trading.

OMG is that the gold one I have that we traded? If so.... thank you! thank you! I didn't realize it was that rare and no worries I won't be selling my coins.... maybe my grandkids but not me, I could never see doing that....

One of ours went for 30$ on ebay when they were for sale on a store for less haven't looked recently...

CA

No, its not that rare. that was my V1 coins, i'm all out of them. I traded you a v2, of which the totals were..

100 Nickel (Look Silver)

100 Black Nickel

100 Gold

5 Copper

Golds are my trade only coins though.

I know I like mine a lot and would not sell or trade it.

So far I have not seen my Ferreter5 geocoin appear on e-bay.

Some contributing factors probably are that there are only 100 in existence, that I've only ever traded them (never sold them), and that they're not trackable on the geocaching.com site. Or, maybe people just think they're ugly! :anibad:

Makes me happy! :anibad:

Edited by Ferreter5

A Kilted Cacher recently went for under $20, That's a pretty good bargain, and an awesome "vintage" coin. I haven't seen any posts from him in a long while, does anyone know if he's still caching?

He is over in Iraq right now, cannt believe his coin went that cheap, its a very sharp looking coin

We just won a Lackey coin from Podcacher a couple of weeks ago. We have not sold it and don't intend to but I just saw an unactivated one go on ebay last week for a little over $111.00. I was like WOW!!! We had ours tranferred to our name in case it ever got lost but we never intend on letting that one go.