Your Coin On Ebay.

Renegade Knight

I guess I don't mind mine getting sold since I sold my coins (not for profit) in the first place. The trackable avroair's were only 1 per person so anyone selling them won't have it anymore and is probably selling their collection. My micro coins went mostly into caches so if people are selling those that's a shame.

Oh well...

trackable is

Micro 1st edition none have been sold lately

Micro 2nd edition is $18.00

Trackable $22.00

<_<

I hope I never find out <_< .

So far I've only dropped them locally and in Washington when I was caching up there. I figure sooner or later somebody will grab one to trade somebody else and it will eventually end up on eBay, but so it goes...

For now I can rejoice in the knowledge that only the people who have gone after them and appreciated them for what they are have them. (No offense to those who have requested trades - you know what I mean).

I hope I never find out :rolleyes: .

So far I've only dropped them locally and in Washington when I was caching up there. I figure sooner or later somebody will grab one to trade somebody else and it will eventually end up on eBay, but so it goes...

For now I can rejoice in the knowledge that only the people who have gone after them and appreciated them for what they are have them. (No offense to those who have requested trades - you know what I mean).

I know I would appreciate one if I ever came across one! :) In fact, knowing that I never will have one is truely painful.....thank goodness I have one of your shotglasses to drink myself into a geocaching oblivion.... as I drift into unconciousness.....realizing I will never have a Moun10Bike, a John Lacey, a Kealia.... :anibad:

My coins were also for trade-only, however some have made it to eBay for charity -- and I sold 4 of them myself to support the purchase of a couple coins that nobody would trade for.

Anyhow .. bad me... off topic.

By what I have seen so far I am worth nothing on ebay. Or if I am worth anything it is bare minimum.

I have actually looked for a hobo on Ebay. I love that coin! It reminds me of my son 8 who said he was running away and made a pack like that. But you ar right I guess because no one is selling them.

You can buy one here for $5.00 bucks plus shipping. perhaps thats why the demand for them on ebay is low. Glenn

http://www.geocoinstore.com/

Thank you made my purchase this morning.

I hope I never find out B) .

I know I would appreciate one if I ever came across one! :)

I appreciated the one I found so much, I did the Happy Pee-Pee dance in front of witnesses!! :)

It's been awhile, but it looks as if my geobones go for $35-$50 and my Red-Handed coins go for about $25.

They are both coins that were released pre-boom (Geobone was summer 2005, Red-handed was Sept/Oct 2005).

Your Geobone is not easy to find. I still do not have one, and I will not pay the Ebay price.

Richard of the GeoCrickets

By what I have seen so far I am worth nothing on ebay. Or if I am worth anything it is bare minimum.

I have actually looked for a hobo on Ebay. I love that coin! It reminds me of my son 8 who said he was running away and made a pack like that. But you ar right I guess because no one is selling them.

I ordered one of your coins Hobo Dude the other day from the geocoin store. This morning was going to order one for my wife but they were gone. Sorry kind of off topic.

Wowsers looks like we are up to $43 plus shipping

SUNSHINEGANG EBAY

I do agree with the seller that it is a really sweet coin :P but I feel a bit sorry for the buyer given that he could buy one for $8.99 with free shipping :D

Sunshinegang Geocoins CLICK HERE

Technically the coins did sell out at the geocoin store even though I saved a bunch for myself to sell and trade. So I am not sure that the seller is completely to blame for mis representing his product.

But if anyone else wants one I still have a bunch for $9 free USA shipping

he could buy one for $8.99 with free shipping :D

Sunshinegang Geocoins CLICK HERE

Technically the coins did sell out at the geocoin store even though I saved a bunch for myself to sell and trade. So I am not sure that the seller is completely to blame for mis representing his product.

But if anyone else wants one I still have a bunch for $9 free USA shipping

woot thanks... I was wondering if it was still possible to get those and avoid ebay extortion :P

I Made personals

100 Bronze

40 Silver

10 Gold

I personally sold a bronze on ebay and it fetched $30 as buy it now.

I have seen one person i traded with sell a bronze and it went for around $15-18 if i recall

I have donated 2 gold for charity causes. 1 went for $25 and other not yet listed.

I was rather impressed with the $30 bronze, but was rather disapointed that a gold went for only $25 when only 10 were minted.

But seeing as the original 100 cost me $4.14 each and the second run gold/silver were $3.20 each. I guess i shouldnt be disapointed at all.

regardless, I personally will not be selling any more of my personals, and only be trading them.

I do still have some Silvers Available for trading.

If you have a coin, it's going to be on eBay given time.

So what's your price? Some of us are worth more than others when it comes to our coins.

How high does your coin have to go before you are not disspointed in the price? How high has it gone for a regular auction?

Since I don't have a coin yet, I'd be happy if it clears 25 consistantly when I do, and I'd be thrilled to be a member of the 50 and up club. At those prices I'd never be able to afford to buy back my own coin but...that's the way the ball bounces. If it sold for less than 25 I'd wonder what I should have done differently. My plan is that my signature coin (different from a less and less likely 1k coin) would be a cache only coin. No sales, no trades.

I saw one of mine that hit $57. I was shocked as hell. :unsure:

I've actually decided to make a watch-list for my coins, when they come up in the future. I found it funny that one of the auctioneers marked the coin as RARE!!!! ... I suppose in the grans scheme of things 500-700 of one type of coin is rare, but only if you take it as a percentage of the available coins out there.

Generally speaking, you'll find that most coins released in late'05 to present are selling for about $20.

When they are sold from a coin site, after they run out there is usually a spike in the price on ebay. This is normal with any commodity and should not be used to calculate true value. Older personal coins are worth the most with coins dating from early '05 and back. The amount of coins minted greatly affects resale value. Most coins with more than 250 minted are considerably cheaper, while those that had only 100 minted are a greater value. There are some exceptions to this like the first 5 months of GCC coins and the '05 Migo Seasonals. Trackability doesn't seem to affect value either.

Generally speaking, you'll find that most coins released in late'05 to present are selling for about $20.

When they are sold from a coin site, after they run out there is usually a spike in the price on ebay. This is normal with any commodity and should not be used to calculate true value. Older personal coins are worth the most with coins dating from early '05 and back. The amount of coins minted greatly affects resale value. Most coins with more than 250 minted are considerably cheaper, while those that had only 100 minted are a greater value. There are some exceptions to this like the first 5 months of GCC coins and the '05 Migo Seasonals. Trackability doesn't seem to affect value either.

I Believe that Ebay is the perfect way to calculate a coins true Value in Dollars. However a spike needs to be averaged in with the rest of the ebays sales

for example:

on july 25 a sunshinegang geocoin sold of $43

http://cgi.ebay.com/SunshineGang-Geocoin-U...1QQcmdZViewItem

but on July 17 a sunshinegang Geocoin only solf for $5.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sunshinegang-Sunshine-...1QQcmdZViewItem

So I would conclude that the true value of a sunshinegang geocoin in the month of July 2006 is about $25 Assuming of course the original selling was not selling them for $9 free usa shipping on his website

SUNSHINEGANG GEOCOINS

Hard to say. Unfortunately, after the tax man hit me, I'm considering selling my favorite coins. Joefrog

Don't sell your Joefrog coin, i think he'd rather try and get it back himself. He's posted a thread in here before about people selling his coins.

Hard to say. Unfortunately, after the tax man hit me, I'm considering selling my favorite coins. Joefrog

Don't sell your Joefrog coin, i think he'd rather try and get it back himself. He's posted a thread in here before about people selling his coins.

So far I have avoided selling my coins. Trust me, Joe Frog is one of my favorite coins I've ever seen and I have no desire to sell it. That one, along with some of the others I was afraid I'd have to sell (Kilted Cacher, LE Silver Prairie Partners, GeoBone) are coins I would really hate to part with. To me, they are some of the classic geocoins and far more valuable than the newer coins. My JoeFrog coin makes me smile every time I look at it. :laughing:

Sounds like it is still only worth $9

I Believe that Ebay is the perfect way to calculate a coins true Value in Dollars. However a spike needs to be averaged in with the rest of the ebays sales

for example:

on july 25 a sunshinegang geocoin sold of $43

http://cgi.ebay.com/SunshineGang-Geocoin-U...1QQcmdZViewItem

but on July 17 a sunshinegang Geocoin only solf for $5.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sunshinegang-Sunshine-...1QQcmdZViewItem

So I would conclude that the true value of a sunshinegang geocoin in the month of July 2006 is about $25 Assuming of course the original selling was not selling them for $9 free usa shipping on his website

SUNSHINEGANG GEOCOINS

Not much, apparently...I put up 3 extra Original Stash Plaque coin/pin sets up on Ebay starting at $12 + $2 for shipping, ran it for 3 days, and that's exactly what I got for them.

I guess no one wants them...

When was this, because I was watching a set that I wanted to bid on yesterday, but it went way out of my price range. It sold for $28.03 + $3.00 shipping.

Not much, apparently...I put up 3 extra Original Stash Plaque coin/pin sets up on Ebay starting at $12 + $2 for shipping, ran it for 3 days, and that's exactly what I got for them.

I guess no one wants them...

When was this, because I was watching a set that I wanted to bid on yesterday, but it went way out of my price range. It sold for $28.03 + $3.00 shipping.

If you look at his post it was about seven months ago. Back then, there were a lot of them being sold on eBay. Now, they're not as common so that means a higher winning bid.

Although one of them went for $14.51 + $2.00 a couple of days ago so there still are "bargains" out there.

Edited by Mauison

I'd been looking for one of these (original stash coins) for ages through eBay. Did manage to get one though by simply asking sellers if they had any. :lol: I thought I'd end up paying $50+ so was quite surprised to see that same auction go for 'only' $28.

As far as the true price goes, I think the eBay prices don't reflect reality. For example, the geocaching 'pills' are being split and each coin is being sold for well over their total original selling price. The never STOP geocaching coins are being bought as a pair, and sold individually - yes, I got caught, by another Cacher no less! New coins are being sold at way over market prices and I must admit I got caught a second time on another coin that is currently available - so I passed this (belated) info onto the person who was bidding against me.

Ah well, caveat emptor. And we all live and learn. But it always pays to check in these forums and caching / coin 'stores' first before getting excited over eBay. :)

Hmmm forgot.

OH yeah it must be me because I have never sold any item on e-bay.

Erm... I don't think everyone is talking about what THEY, personally, have gotten for a coin on eBay. AFAICT, no matter how you originally distribute your coins, they may end up sold there by someone else. Plenty of people seem to collect coins, then need some money later on (or want to raise money for a cause) and end up selling them.

Which they have every right to do.

What bugs me are the people who buy new coins, then turn around and advertise them on eBay as "SOLD OUT!" and "RARE!!", etc., when in fact the coins are still available from the original place of sale at a lower price.

As to why those coins get purchased - plenty of cachers have no idea how to find coins anywhere else. They start caching, become aware of coins by seeing one or two in a cache, seeing them mentioned in general discussions, and so forth; they want some of their own, and eBay is an easy place to find them.

It's NOT particularly easy for a newbie to figure out where to get coins, you know, especially when you consider that only a small fraction of people who cache read the forums at all, let alone spend a lot of time on this very specialized forum.

For just this reason I have decided not to limit any of my future coins to a certain number. If there is a enough demand I will make additional coins to sell or trade. Presently I have had 570 of the TSD V2.5 coins made and have another 130 on order. Of this second batch over half are already spoken for.

I does amaze me, is that a coin I am still selling is going on average for 3x what I am selling them for and one went for over 9x ($76).

Team Sand Dollar

Edited by Team Sand Dollar
As to why those coins get purchased - plenty of cachers have no idea how to find coins anywhere else. They start caching, become aware of coins by seeing one or two in a cache, seeing them mentioned in general discussions, and so forth; they want some of their own, and eBay is an easy place to find them.

There's actually a local cacher (couple) that I've tried to point to these forums in order to get cheaper coin... last I checked they're still getting coins the expensive way. Personally I'm glad that I found these forums when I did... elsewise I wouldn't have been able to get the sets of coins or metals I do now.

Back to the original topic, I think the highest for the black nickel version of my coin sold for about $30, with the gold falling not too far behind. Only ten silver coins were made and I know precisely who I've given them to.

There's actually a local cacher (couple) that I've tried to point to these forums in order to get cheaper coin... last I checked they're still getting coins the expensive way. Personally I'm glad that I found these forums when I did... elsewise I wouldn't have been able to get the sets of coins or metals I do now.

At my pirate event last October, I was amazed at the number of people who buy on ebay, it seemed out of 50 people interested in coins about 40 of them bought on ebay. I also tried to steer them towards these forums, some had said they were in here but were scared away. oh well. :)

On another note, ebay selling prices have been higher lately... Coins can now sell for 2 to 3 times what they would have sold for 3 months ago. :lol: Guess that market is back until we flood it again.

I Made personals

100 Bronze

40 Silver

10 Gold

I personally sold a bronze on ebay and it fetched $30 as buy it now.

I have seen one person i traded with sell a bronze and it went for around $15-18 if i recall

I have donated 2 gold for charity causes. 1 went for $25 and other not yet listed.

I was rather impressed with the $30 bronze, but was rather disapointed that a gold went for only $25 when only 10 were minted.

But seeing as the original 100 cost me $4.14 each and the second run gold/silver were $3.20 each. I guess i shouldnt be disapointed at all.

regardless, I personally will not be selling any more of my personals, and only be trading them.

I do still have some Silvers Available for trading.

Well since my Last response to this thread in June 2006, my second gold went for over $100, it was a charity auction.

and currently someone is selling one of my v1 bronze coins right now, its at $11 with a few more hours left.

and I'm all out of all version 1 coins, but I have Gold V2 coins left to trade.

[Wow... i've got 6 of them left... i should list them on there... too bad i don't want to sell on ebay, i could make all my money back, and then some...

Yes for some people it's a very lucrative business, buying coins and then turning right around and selling them on ebay for 3 or 4 times what they paid for them. Since the coins were sold "commercially", the people who bought them can do whatever they want with the coins they purchased.

Windrose

(edited for spelling)

Edited by Windrose

If you have a coin, it's going to be on eBay given time.

So what's your price? Some of us are worth more than others when it comes to our coins.

How high does your coin have to go before you are not disspointed in the price? How high has it gone for a regular auction?

Since I don't have a coin yet, I'd be happy if it clears 25 consistantly when I do, and I'd be thrilled to be a member of the 50 and up club. At those prices I'd never be able to afford to buy back my own coin but...that's the way the ball bounces. If it sold for less than 25 I'd wonder what I should have done differently. My plan is that my signature coin (different from a less and less likely 1k coin) would be a cache only coin. No sales, no trades.

I think over three times the initial price is pretty good for a bargain bin coin only a few days after it's sold out so I'm happy - it might make the grade ("clears 25 consistently") in 6 months :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...rossSell_LogicX

I sold a coin in ebay a while back because I had a duplicate and wanted to see what it would go for. Well like you guys were saying I got almost 3x's what I paid for it!!!! I then told the bidder about some of the places to buy geocoins at lower prices and he was very grateful as he had just begun his collection. It looks like ebay and geocoins are getting to be really good friends.