Stationary Geocoin

GBOTS

We have a cache called "Some Gave All" (GCJGKZ)and ordered a POW/Mia coin to go with it. Our plan is to glue the coin to the lid of the ammo can so it can't be removed..

But, if someone has a better idea on how to make sure it stayes with the cache, we'd be delighted to hear it <_<

We know coins are supposed to travel and we have sent some out and plan on releasing more in the future. It's just this one coin is a perfect match for the cache we want it to stay put. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing you only have the one coin. If it ever disappears or the cache gets muggled, then it's gone for good. So you might do this either before you release the actual coin (attached in some way) or instead of releasing the actual coin with the cache: Scan both sides of the coin at high resolution and print them as large as you can. Laminate and mount one side on each side of the can. Solves your problem and people will get to see a high quality image of the coin. They can record the coin tracking number and you can still have your coin in hand to show at events and such. I'd rather see the real coin in person myself, but I'd still be happy seeing this (especially if your coin disappears at some point) when I found the cache. <_<

I'm guessing you only have the one coin. If it ever disappears or the cache gets muggled, then it's gone for good. So you might do this either before you release the actual coin (attached in some way) or instead of releasing the actual coin with the cache: Scan both sides of the coin at high resolution and print them as large as you can. Laminate and mount one side on each side of the can. Solves your problem and people will get to see a high quality image of the coin. They can record the coin tracking number and you can still have your coin in hand to show at events and such. I'd rather see the real coin in person myself, but I'd still be happy seeing this (especially if your coin disappears at some point) when I found the cache. <_<

That's exactly what I did with a few of my coins.

Here's the laminated note that can be found in the cache:

e319ba1f-0a04-4519-bccb-ff3ce9ef97e4.jpg

Gaining the icon is a reward for finding the cache.

If you do this, make sure it's know that the COPY is what's released, and not the actual coin. Some get grumpy when they get there and all they find is a picture.

That looks pretty good.

Actually we do have another POW coin for our collection.

For the cache we would prefer to have the real coin.

Still leaning towards just gluing the coin to the lid. It just seems a shame to destroy and hide the best looking side of the coin.

Maybe a one sided trackable coin would be a cool idea for using as a stationary coin. And it would be less expensive to mint.