Garmin Street Pilot 2720

a local pawn shop has a garmin street pilot 2720 for sale at $200.00. all it has is the memory card and the power cord for the car. i just purchased garmins city select v7.0 will this map download to this unit and can the same computer interface cable from my 76cs work on this unit? good deal?? bad deal??

Sentence #1: totally hop on that - a 2720 for $200USD is a bargain.

Sentence #2: Whoa - the 2720 doesn't accept memory cards - don't hop on that, since it's clearly not a 27xxi f it takes memory cards; don't hop on that at all.

Sentence #3: The 2720 will come with Mapsource unlocks.

Subsentence 3b: The 2720 comes with a USB Mini B connector, just like the 76C brothers. If yuo have a spare unlock code, life is good.

Subsentence 3c: good - if it were MY $200 and I could put a 2720 in my hands for $200 even without unlock codes, I'd jump on it. It's a lovely unit - even more so now that I've added GPSBabel support for it.

a local pawn shop has a garmin street pilot 2720 for sale at $200.00. all it has is the memory card and the power cord for the car. i just purchased garmins city select v7.0 will this map download to this unit and can the same computer interface cable from my 76cs work on this unit? good deal?? bad deal??

I'd be very, very careful with that unit at the pawn shop. Chances are it was a stolen unit and there's a possibility that the former owner reported it stolen to Garmin. If that's the case then no matter what software you buy it won't work since Garmin won't unlock the software for you.

Ditto with what Nathan Said. Most of the time, Pawn shops selling something that cheap is because it's hot. If it was stolen and someone did report it you'd basically be buying a 200 dollar paper weight. Garmin will never allow you to unlock the unit as long as it is in their database as such. You may just be better off biting the bullet and buying one from a reputible dealer.

On a lighter note, I have one and the fact that it holds 2000 waypoints that you can catagorise, and also you can get another 5000 Custom POI caches loaded on it is a good selling point