Wawa Category

Doesn't everyone love Wawa? I figured since McDonalds has their own category Wawa should also. Does anybody thing the same or otherwise?

My main objection to this category is that it is very regional. WaWa is great, but most of the world has never heard of WaWa.

Personally, I like the McDonalds category, but it is at least fairly international. I really enjoyed seeing the waymark for the largest McDonalds in the world, reputedly, in Moscow, Russia. Can't quite drum up the enthusiam for WaWa. Up here in New England we have Tedeschi, then there is White Hen Pantry, 7-11 and on we go with the convenience store chains -- good, bad and indifferent. Maybe we should have a huge convenience store category with the chains and "mom and pops" as variables!

Now, having said all that, I'd probably vote for it simply because I see no reason to deny a category if there are people who want to manage it and contribute to it. There are already some that I consider pretty silly, but waymark worthiness is in the eye of the beholder. This hobby should be big enough for everyone, unless it is something totally obnoxious or outrageous. Personal preference should play a minor roll in category approval.

Frankly, I don't like the mcdonald's category, and I only tolerate it because it's sort of like the "yellow jeep" of Waymarking. I'm not going to vote for or vote up any retail categories. That's not the direction I think the site should be heading in.