Coin Donations Needed

Eric K

:rolleyes:

care to share that popcorn shopper?

i'm still wondering if eric got the coins i sent for auction...

:P

There is a package that came in that I noticed your avatar on the return label. Haven't had a chance to open it yet.

Thanks

Eric

:rolleyes:

care to share that popcorn shopper?

i'm still wondering if eric got the coins i sent for auction...

:P

There is a package that came in that I noticed your avatar on the return label. Haven't had a chance to open it yet.

Thanks

Eric

Cool...that's fine, just hoping coins make it to their intended destinations!!! Thanks for what you're doing!

Just a quick check -- did you get the Express Post package I sent from Canada?

I know I recieved some packages from Canada. Still have a lot to work through. Just to make things more difficult my son was sick today and my *&&*%* DSL was down ALL DAY!

Figures a day at home and no internet.....

This is what makes doing this kind of stuff worth while. I recieved this e-mail from Ladycacher today. I know she would like to thank everyone of you personally, but I believe she is not ready to visit the message forums as of yet. Therefore I am posting this message from her.

Today I went to my mailbox and I found no bills (yeah) and a few ads plus a letter from Eric Kirkland. When I opened it, I cried realizing what is was.

There is no way, no how, and nothing I could do to say Thank You enough. I am overwhelmed by everybody involved for their support any way I have recieved it. I have had lots of emails, phone calls, and meeting in person at GW4. I am speechless to everything that is taking place, and for those of you who know me, being speechless is hard for me to do. :laughing:

I didn't even know what to write because there is so much I would like to say.

The main point here is that I thank each of you and have you all in my heart. I can't thank you enough and hopefully when life turns for the good I can do something to say Thank You.

Love,

Sabrina

Note: There were several listing that Hula Bum had put up for me that had to be pulled due to improper wording.

Hula Bum will be on vacation for a few weeks and will relist those coins when she returns.

Just a side note. I don't know if anyone else is listing coins for the fund, but my wording had nothing different in it than Eric K's (just less wording), so if you are listing be careful~

Maybe you should do exactly as his. There must be something that ebay isn't liking about it. Maybe it needs the more wording. Just a thought. B)

On the first day we mailed a complete 3 coin set of our GBOTS coins.

Would really like to just know if they arrived.

Thanks

:anibad:

Please be patient. I still have about a kitchen trashbag size full of coins. I am working on this during my free time between two other jobs. (sometimes three).

Several coins were recently listed and another batch was sent to Evil Chicken who I can't thank enough for all of her help!

Thanks

Eric K

Just a note to say that I received the new batch from Eric today.

It contained coins from LoriDarlin and BigJohnP -- thank you both for your generosity!

I will try to have these listed tonight.

ETA - they are listed! Special reduced fee for listing today only too, woo!

Log Book

National Parks - Yosemite

Lowracer

Mississippi 2006

Phone a Friend

San Diego Geocachers

Illinois

Wisconsin

Finland

Celtic Cross

Edited by Evil Chicken

I sent a Saving Shiloh Geocoin and I was wondering if you got it?

----------

SS

Please be patient. I still have about a kitchen trashbag size full of coins. I am working on this during my free time between two other jobs. (sometimes three).

Several coins were recently listed and another batch was sent to Evil Chicken who I can't thank enough for all of her help!

Thanks

Eric K

I will be donating my Moun10Bike version 3 coin for this very worthy effort - I have received the AOK from Moun10Bike for this so I do hope that it helps out.

Additionally, I will be sending a GCC Benchmark coin.

Good luck Ladycacher, I'm thinking of you.

Sorry for the delay on this, they're in the mail now! Hoping for a good auction on the Moun10Bike coin!

Has anybody gotten an update on Ladycachers condition? Is her husband still not employed? She has been in my thoughts and an update would be nice. I am hoping that things are on the upswing for her.

You all have been such a great group of supportive friends. How lucky she is to have you!

Has anybody gotten an update on Ladycachers condition? Is her husband still not employed? She has been in my thoughts and an update would be nice. I am hoping that things are on the upswing for her.

You all have been such a great group of supportive friends. How lucky she is to have you!

I will probably talk to her tonight, and will pass on any info that she wants made public.

I will probably talk to her tonight, and will pass on any info that she wants made public.

As promised, here is what Ladycacher asked me to pass along to everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------

I was told by email that several people are wondering on how I am doing and how things are going.

Right now I am in AR for some rest and relaxing at my father-in-law's house. I am getting a ton of sleep and feel a little bit better. I have not had any headaches for two weeks now which is nice (another medical issue that was not talked about).

I go to the doctor at the end of this month and then we will figure out where to start and making things better, I have been delaying any and all treatments because I had GW4 (I was co-chair), my kids' health problems, my mother-in-law to worry about, plus other things. I figure one more month is not going to affect my health anymore and my doctor is montoring my condition. The good thing is I am feeling good right now, not bleeding anymore, and have a new look on life.

My husband has managed to "be saved" until August. I don't want to get in too much detail here because he is mad at me already for my post were I told everything about everything.

I also want to THANK ALL OF YOU for all your support any way it has been given. I am so blessed to have joined into a sport and family at the same time. I can't tell you how much it has helped in so many ways and even meeting so many of you in person at GW4 was amazing.

I still refuse to come into the forums and have not since my last post, I didn't even know what was being done for me until I was told by my uncle and Erik. I do miss all of the conversations and I hope that everyone is doing great and I think about you daily.

Thank you so much to everybody,

Sabrina

"Ladycacher"

--------------

Just a note...

The recent lot of ebay items have all been sold. A few people have already paid me (you guys are quick!) Those who have paid I have already packaged up to mail tomorrow. I say this to let the other winning bidders know that I will be on vacation from tomorrow through Monday. Anyone who pays this weekend, your coins will be shipped on Tuesday. Sorry for any inconvenience.

----------------------------------------------------------

My husband has managed to "be saved" until August. I don't want to get in too much detail here because he is mad at me already for my post were I told everything about everything.

Since it appears that there is not any unemployment at the moment. I suggest that you change the web page that states that he is indeed unemployed. As is stands, that link is misleading and incorrect.

Thanks!

Edited by Mama Cache

Since it appears that there is not any unemployment at the moment. I suggest that you change the web page that states that he is indeed unemployed. As is stands, that link is misleading and incorrect.

Thanks!

I agree. I think the other incorrect information should be edited as well. You have a large chunk of the community donating to a cause that really doesn't exist due to over exaggerating the situation.

I am happy to have donated coins to this cause -- which DOES exist.

Why do I know it exists? My experiences in dealing with several of the people involved (including Ladycacher) have all been positive and trustworthy. I believe that she needs the help and I believe that this is a way to assist her by making my donation have more impact -- four coins on eBay will generate more revenue than sending the cost of the four coins. Job loss aside, I feel for anyone with cancer and kids. That's my bottom line on this one.

There has been some uglyness on the forums of late in regards to this event and a recent auction transaction -- sincerely, can we get back to being a community again?

Please keep this thread for what it is intended for.

This thread is to be kept abreast on this project and the donations and coins involved.

If you wish to discuss other subjects please feel free to start a different thread.

I do no wish this thread to turn into something ugly.

Thank you,

Eric K

Thanks!

Mama Cache

I very much agree with Mama Cache. I could not believe how healthy LC looked at GWS4. She looked great and has recovered very well.

Keep those coins coming in for LC!!!! :laughing:

Thanks!

Mama Cache

I very much agree with Mama Cache. I could not believe how healthy LC looked at GWS4. She looked great and has recovered very well.

As stated. Please start another thread if you want to voice your opinions which you are free to make.

This thread is for coin donations and the efforts we are putting together.

If you know of anyone like I have that has died of cancer they went from looking pretty healthy one day to being dead in a few months.

Thanks!

Mama Cache

That's great! I'm glad she was looking well and that the medical staff at GWS4 were able to determine her state of health through a quick visual inspection!

Back on topic -- when can we expect some more auctions?

Thanks!

Mama Cache

That's great! I'm glad she was looking well and that the medical staff at GWS4 were able to determine her state of health through a quick visual inspection!

Back on topic -- when can we expect some more auctions?

Got a few listed over the weekend. Plus sent out a batch of coins to Evil Chicken for listing this morning, those should hopefully show up soon.

I'll try to get a few more up this week but have the in-laws coming in later this week so won't have much PC time.

...Plus sent out a batch of coins to Evil Chicken for listing this morning, those should hopefully show up soon.

11 more coins listed tonight donated by Team Sand Dollar, Cog & Gil, and Rusty O' Junk

Just search for Ladycacher Relief on ebay.

One extra rare coin is up for auction - a "white beard" Buffalo Wings coin. Only 10 were made, 6 of which went to family members. This auction is the first time one is being offered to the caching community. Special thanks to TSD for that coin!

You can find that listing here:

Buffalo Wings White Beard XLE coin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ADME:B:EF:US:11

Any new updates on coins recieved. I'm asking because I sent some down via ExpressPost and if you don't have them I'll need to do a trace on the package. (not that that helps if they are lost)

I hope all is well with Ladycacher. It's sad that she had to let her collection go -- but I hope that it was able to help her and her family!

Any new updates on coins recieved. I'm asking because I sent some down via ExpressPost and if you don't have them I'll need to do a trace on the package. (not that that helps if they are lost)

I hope all is well with Ladycacher. It's sad that she had to let her collection go -- but I hope that it was able to help her and her family!

It's probably there. See if you can see it in the picture on this post:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...dpost&p=2287314

I'll be running a little behind as I have a huge store order that I'm working through and will be on vacation July 15-22. Keep checking the web page for periodic updates. All the coins will eventually get listed.

I think it's actually better to spread them out instead of trying list them all at once. It gives people more time to be able to allocate funds if they can spread out their purchases.

Thanks

Eric

Perfect! I think I see it there.

I totally agree that spreading them out is the way to go. I also think vacations are important! :mad: Thanks again for letting us help a fellow cacher. Although I have never met her, Ladycacher was one of the first cachers I ever traded coins with and I wish her a speedy recovery and good health.