Coin Donations Needed

Eric K

As some of you may be aware of from this thread a fellow Geocacher by the name of Ladycacher has been diagnosed with cervical cancer. During this same peroid of time her husband has been laid off.

We are asking for donations of unactivated Geocoins that will then be sold as a lot on E-bay with the proceeds given to Ladygeocacher to help her through this difficult time.

You can use this Ladycacher Donations Website for more information on where to send your coins.

Thank you.

Just a suggestion (although I know it will make more work), if the coins are sold individually they will go for more money. Will get a pkg. together to send out shortly. Thanks for putting this together, it's so nice to be reminded that there are good caring people out there.

Just a suggestion (although I know it will make more work), if the coins are sold individually they will go for more money. Will get a pkg. together to send out shortly. Thanks for putting this together, it's so nice to be reminded that there are good caring people out there.

That's a good point HB.

Eric, for the Silver Temecula, since it such a short run coin, I would prefer if it was a separate auction. However, I'm not trying to make more work for you. If you would rather, I can list it separately, and then send you the money. If you don't mind doing a separate sale, then I will send it to you.

Along the lines of was CS4 and LB68 said, small lots are likely to garner more bids and result in more in the end. I don't wish to sell my coins individually on E but if Eric choses to separate them into lots that's fine by me.

I have sold one thing in my life on ebay E and it caused me too much stress, so I'm happy allowing Eric to take care of this.

Edited by The Blind Acorn

I agree that the coins would sell better individually but it would be to much work trying to manage each bid and make sure they all get sent out.

Maybe some of the more valuable/rare coins could be done individually.

I'm not a collector myself so I really woudln't know which ones would be of a higher value.

I'm hoping maybe that after all the coins have been donated, several folks here can get together and figure amongst yourselves how you would split up the coins and make one big bid.

I'm open for any comments/suggestions.

Edited by Eric K

My four are packed up and ready for Eric:

Cali Micro

LH v2 Bronze

Celtic Cross Series 1

Rock and Crystal Camo Heart

I too hope they get split into individual auctions, but I understand the work involved. Eric, hopefully you can garner some local help to list the auctions and keep track of them. There are also local Ebay stores that sell stuff for you and charge a minimal fee per auction. Maybe worth looking into.

I wish I was closer to Akron to help you sort it out.

TMA

My four are packed up and ready for Eric:

Cali Micro

LH v2 Bronze

Celtic Cross Series 1

Rock and Crystal Camo Heart

I too hope they get split into individual auctions, but I understand the work involved. Eric, hopefully you can garner some local help to list the auctions and keep track of them. There are also local Ebay stores that sell stuff for you and charge a minimal fee per auction. Maybe worth looking into.

I wish I was closer to Akron to help you sort it out.

TMA

I'm thinking that maybe after the coins are in you guys can help me sort out the highly sought after coins and I can list them individually.

The rest of the more common coins can then be done as a lot.

I don't see that being a problem Erik, when you get them all in make a list, PM it to a few of us and we'd be happy to help. Perhaps those that would like their coins sold individually or are willing to do the ebay work can list them and then send you a check.

EDIT- What is going to be the key word for the auctions? This way if people do want to do this they'll know under what to list them.

Edited by Hula Bum

We could always seek permission to do a silent auction here in the forums. Might be able due to the situation.

List all the coins and people can post a bid in the thread and we can set a date that the "auction" will be over and the highest "bids" will win the coin. That way we aren't feeding eBay for fees and more money will go to the cause. Who else deserves the coins and will appreciate the auction than fellow cachers from the forums.

The reason individual lots will work better is simple economics. A large lot of coins can only be bought by one person. The limit is the amount the person can afford.

On the other hand each of us may be able to afford an amount for a single coin. So whilst its more work more of us can contribute to the cause.

Eric,

For those people who would like their coins sold individually, I would be happy to do it, let me know if you want help, divide and conquer right!

Edit (can't seem to spell his name right, sorry!)

Edited by Hula Bum

I don't see that being a problem Erik, when you get them all in make a list, PM it to a few of us and we'd be happy to help. Perhaps those that would like their coins sold individually or are willing to do the ebay work can list them and then send you a check.

EDIT- What is going to be the key word for the auctions? This way if people do want to do this they'll know under what to list them.

Or you could just list the item numbers and what coin they are

having a blond moment, not following you shiloh. are you talking about listing it here? some of the coins will no doubt not be trackable, and thus won't be able to be listed here, so for that purpose something in the title needs to be the same for all of the auctions so that when a search is done people can find them. if you're not referring to listing them here, then disregard that and explain please!

When they get in, I will be sending a couple Saving shiloh Geocoins, should come in around the middle of this month

Any help would be appreciated. I'm just trying to avoid having to handle 100 bids at once. :-)

Once the coins start coming in I'll list them on the webpage.

I hope you do list them each instead of a group, most just can't afford a large number of coins. Char and I donated to the NNJC and hope our donaton here may help. We'll send one Jeep'en Jumpers silver and gold agreeing they my be listed for profit on E-Bay for this auction. Coin must be logged by the buyer, may be traded but never resold for profit.

Char & Robert

This is going to be an amazing collection. There's no way many will be able to shell out the big bucks if its a single collection... I really hope it gets broken up into pieces. I know some of these coins fetch high $$ on their own!

It's heart warming to know that the folks come together at a time like this to help fellow cachers out. Our thoughts are with LC and her family. And we'd like to thank those of you who are helping with the collections and auctions. Kudo's to Coin's & Pin's - very thoughtful of you guys to help out the family this way!

Craig & I will put together a coin package and send it out right away.

Wishing you the best LC!

The Cach-u-nuts..

We also will send:

LE Appalachian Trail TN-NC

Evil Micro

2005 Michigan

Let us know if it would be easier for us to sell them as a charity auction, and send you the money, or if you would prefer the coins in-hand. Hope this helps!

Unless notified tonight, the coins will be mailed in the morning!

We also think listing certain coins seperately would be more profitable.

Edited by Ryder3 & Better Half

I'll be sending these out to you tomorrow.

The Official Log Book

San Diego County

Phone a Friend

Wisconsin 2005

Finland

Illinois

Mississippi 2006 Ant. Silver

Celtic Cross Series 2 ( I just noticed a little something special writen on this coin. It says " FRIENDSHIP, LOYALTY and LOVE". It just seems so fitting in situations like this. )

Edited by Big JohnP

The UK Coin Club will donate

1 Silver England Egg

1 Gold England Egg and matching silver (They both have the same tracking number)

1 Silver Wales

1 Gold Wales and matching silver (They both have the same tracking number)

Whether you want to do these separate or as part of the group is up to you.

A suggestion of maybe several packages..10 coins per to help split them up and keep the number of bids down since you will have numerous repeats offered.

The coins are in the post to you today.

Lynn

I would like to donate an Anthus Decoder LE (only 50 made; none ever sold anywhere so it should fetch a decent bid). I would also like to donate an Anthus Firefighter. I'd prefer my two be sold together but separate from the rest of the lot or separately if possible.

Thanks......Anthus

I would like to donate an Anthus Decoder LE (only 50 made; none ever sold anywhere so it should fetch a decent bid). I would also like to donate an Anthus Firefighter. I'd prefer my two be sold together but separate from the rest of the lot or separately if possible.

Thanks......Anthus

Anthus:

The rare and valuable coins will be sold seperately and not as a lot. Where coins like this will most likley go better as a set it will be sold that way.

I've had several people contact me privately offering to help with sales. Once I get a better handle on how many coins there will be and how they will be sold I will post more info here and on the web page.

http://www.usageocoins.com/ladycacher.htm

Thanks

Eric

When is the auction going to be listed?

The 2006 Colorado coins aren't here yet, but we'll be more than happy to send a few your way to help the cause.

ETA for the coins 05/17- 05/20.

No exact date yet. There will also be multiple auctions.

Thanks