Inadvertent Durability Test On Garmin Legend Cx

Arriving back at my car after picking up a cache I had a cell phone call. I had my gps in one hand and bag of supplies in the other I put my gps on the top of my car and took the call during the call I got in the car and started to drive off. I was leaving a local University so I was going slow for about 4 blocks. When I went to hit the on ramp to the highway I heard the most horrible sound it was my GPS rolling off the top down the trunk and onto the ramp. As I looked out the mirror I saw it doing cartwheels down the ramp. I ran back about 50 yards to pick it up it was face down I cringed as I turned it over to look at the face, well it was flawless not a scratch on it just a couple on the top backside I guess the rubber saved it. I powered it back up and went to the next cache and it worked perfectly. Garmin makes a tough unit.

Arriving back at my car after picking up a cache I had a cell phone call. I had my gps in one hand and bag of supplies in the other I put my gps on the top of my car and took the call during the call I got in the car and started to drive off. I was leaving a local University so I was going slow for about 4 blocks. When I went to hit the on ramp to the highway I heard the most horrible sound it was my GPS rolling off the top down the trunk and onto the ramp. As I looked out the mirror I saw it doing cartwheels down the ramp. I ran back about 50 yards to pick it up it was face down I cringed as I turned it over to look at the face, well it was flawless not a scratch on it just a couple on the top backside I guess the rubber saved it. I powered it back up and went to the next cache and it worked perfectly. Garmin makes a tough unit.

Glad to hear your "Field Test" come out good! :laughing: I think there are several users on here who have put theirs through their paces.