London Ontario Caches

J.A.R.S.

I'll be going over to London, Ontario to do some geocaching in a couple of weeks. I haven't cached in London so I've got a lot to choose from. I would love to get some recommendations. I'd particularly like to search for scenic or unique geocaches.

R of JARS

Hey JARS,

On the scenic side, you could try the River Stroll Series that goes through Springbank Park and some of the trails system (paved). It's a very nice area -great for a picnic. If you have wee ones, you can visit Storybook Gardens while you are there. We did the series on bikes, which is a fun way. It can be a busy spot on weekends though, and it's more of a park series - not wilderness. As an added bonus, several caches are near by, should you have the time.

In terms of unique, the two most unique ones I can think of are London Transit, where you take the cache and re-hide it (in London) and Get Clicking - a webcam cache in downtown. Make sure you get the coordinates for London Transit from the last log, not the cache page.

Hope this helps,

Legofamily

Thanks Legofamily. It'll probably be me and my dog, no children. I won't be bicycling. Springbank Park sounds great I definitely want to check out the Thames River. I'll pass on the London Transit cache. I just had a look at the photo gallery - I won't have a lot of time to figure out where to hide something that big.

Unique caches for me would also include historic, educational, hidden in a fun way (if you've been to ElectroQTed's caches you'll know what I mean). ---R. of J.A.R.S.

For sure the Bog is a neat place. Right now the actual London Bog cache is not active, as it was muggled. Our own cache - Bambi's in the Hood is the other cache in the Bog - at the other end. It is a neat hike and one is almost guaranteed to see wildlife!

I was in London last week and enjoyed most of the River Stroll series (didn't get them all). Thanks for the recommendation Legofamily. It was nice to spend the day in Springbank Park. The weather wasn't wonderful (cool and grey) but it kept the muggle population down which made it easier to find and replace the caches.

I might be back in July. If so, I'll try your Bambi cache.

JARS