Vista Base Map

I recently purchased a Vista for my girlfriend and wasn't paying attention when I loaded a topo map and it wiped out the preloaded basemap. Is there a way to download the original basemap from somewhere and upload it, or can I just load the map that came with my Vista Cx from the Trip and Waypoint Manager into the Vista?

I recently purchased a Vista for my girlfriend and wasn't paying attention when I loaded a topo map and it wiped out the preloaded basemap. Is there a way to download the original basemap from somewhere and upload it, or can I just load the map that came with my Vista Cx from the Trip and Waypoint Manager into the Vista?

The basemap in the Vista can can not be written over by other maps. You can see this by zooming out to a large scale on the map page to see areas outside of the area for which you loaded the topo maps. You can disable the topo maps by selecting the menu icon on the map page and going to the setup map option, then select the circled i and then the menu icon again. If you are referring to the poi database that is in the unit you might look at the Vista's update page for the file to reload that to the Vista.