Indiana Spring Picnic Discussion....

TEAM RETRIEVER

Thought I would start a thread specifically for the Spring Picnic, since "Goldie" and I just got home from it. This is the place to post pics and talk about the event. This was our first geocaching event and we had an AWESOME time!!!!!!!

Thanks to TEAM SHYDOG and all who helped to make the event run so well! And a special thanks to whoever made those cupcakes (smile)! LOL!

Going to try and post a few pictures from the Spring Picnic. Let's see if I can do this right...

Chris of TEAM SHYDOG gives instructions....

ChrisofTeamShydog.jpg

Geocaching Cupcakes (and TEAM RETRIEVER'S favorite dessert of the day!)....

GeoCupCakes.jpg

Cute little white puppy on top of great big gray rock (it was great to finally meet you, Patrick)....

PatrickonHangingRock.jpg

Some geocachers at a cache...

Cachers2.jpg

Cachers on the trail...

Cachersonthetrail2.jpg

Pretty dog....

Prettydog.jpg

Some chubby dork putting coordinates into his GPS (that's me!)...

LoadingCoordinates.jpg

Edited by TEAM RETRIEVER

Gee, nice post Captain (sarcasm)! TEAM RETRIEVER goes to their first geocaching event and where is their official mascot??? Hmmmmm...I wonder! Stupid vet put these staples in my belly and this is what I did all day....

PoorPuppy.jpg

Sorry, Patrick. See ya soon and you can give me some tips on obedience training for my humans. Especially the chubby ole' Captain!

Abby The Wonder Pup

OFFICIAL MASCOT OF TEAM RETRIEVER

Looks like Abby has her own account now. Patrick, did you have anything to do with this?!!? :shocked:

In that first picture I posted above, where Chris is giving instructions, look closely. Does anyone else notice that BuddaMan is the only one NOT paying attention? LOL!

Edited by TEAM RETRIEVER

Captain, that picture of yours "Cachers on the Trail" could be a magazine cover, for like Today's Cacher.Abby, you know it is perfectly correct for you to go back and log smilies to your new account on all the caches you visited, to keep the record straight. Just make sure you log the correct date and indicate what you're doing to the cache owner...

Lead Dog has 65 photos to edit, and he's too tired and sore to do it, but he did do this one of the winner of the Closest to the Pin contest, Che Kathleen, and me at the Top 'O

The Rock breakfast...

7d9361d7-8a95-40e7-b0c7-41d004cc5112.jpg

:shocked:

ps--as far as Buddaman goes, he don't need no stinkin' instructions to find a cache!!!

Edited by Earthdog Patrick

Looks like Abby has her own account now. Patrick, did you have anything to do with this?!!? :shocked:

In that first picture I posted above, where Chris is giving instructions, look closely. Does anyone else notice that BuddaMan is the only one NOT paying attention? LOL!

Silly buddaman... if you have to go potty in the park, you do it off trail, not in front of everyone ;)

Thanks to everyone that showed up to my little get together. I really wish I could have spent some more time sitting around and talking with you all. I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to Leaddog for all the help and support that he gave with making this picnic come together and fun for all. Don't forget that Mary and Gary Adventurers and Happy Hikers get the pleasure of running the 2007 Spring Picnic at Potato Creek State Park next year. YEAAAAAA.... I get to find caches again.

See everyone on the trails.

Chris

The picnic was indeed a GREAT time!! I wish that Lady Elwood could have joined me, but she had to work. I also don't think that she would have been able to handle the hills of the park. Oh well, maybe next year.

I also found it humorous that Fort Wayne cachers rounded out the closest to the pin contest. Che K came in first with 3 inches and I came in last with about 20 feet!!!

At the picnic I handed out a bunch of waterproof micro-cache log sheets. Feedback on how well these work "in the field" would be appreciated. So if you place out one of these sheets or find one in a cache then either post your comments here and/or send me private email.

Thanks. - Rick

Did anyone notice that my precious attended both the Spring Picnic and the pre-picnic event held by LeadDog on the hanging rock? My precious actually logged the latter event (his first and only find) and since the event required photographic proof of being on the rock we now have a picture of this elusive cacher.

For those of you who are not familiar with my precious he is the hider of several fiendishly clever caches including the infamous Bletchley Park cache. I haven't managed to find any of the caches put out by my precious but he was, indirectly, responsible for one of my favorite caches, The ... well, the name of that cache is best left unsaid. Let's just say that it put a new spin on S Keillan's and my friendship. :)

Anyway it is good to see this recluse coming out of where he has been hiding. Perhaps we will see him at the next picnic?

Did anyone notice that my precious attended both the Spring Picnic and the pre-picnic event held by LeadDog on the hanging rock? My precious actually logged the latter event (his first and only find) and since the event required photographic proof of being on the rock we now have a picture of this elusive cacher.

For those of you who are not familiar with my precious he is the hider of several fiendishly clever caches including the infamous Bletchley Park cache. I haven't managed to find any of the caches put out by my precious but he was, indirectly, responsible for one of my favorite caches, The ... well, the name of that cache is best left unsaid. Let's just say that it put a new spin on S Keillan's and my friendship. :rolleyes:

Anyway it is good to see this recluse coming out of where he has been hiding. Perhaps we will see him at the next picnic?

Just for the record, the photo of My Precious

was taken at the Bottom of the Rock, and it didn't sign the log sheet--altho I did notice some foul smelling green slimy stuff on the outside of the cache container---maybe it couldn't get it open? :laughing:

872af491-8437-411b-acc2-ab7b56d4f6fa.jpg

Precious at Hanging Rock

Edited by Earthdog Patrick

was taken at the Bottom of the Rock, and it didn't sign the log sheet--altho I did notice some foul smelling green slimy stuff on the outside of the cache container---maybe it couldn't get it open? :laughing:

yessss... my precious did sign the log sheet... look again.... smeagol brings them up secret ways that nobody else could find.... tired he is.... thirsty he is.... yessss.... thirsssty.... and he guides them and he searches for paths.... and they say sneak.... sneak...

yessss... my precious did sign the log sheet... look again.... smeagol brings them up secret ways that nobody else could find.... tired he is.... thirsty he is.... yessss.... thirsssty.... and he guides them and he searches for paths.... and they say sneak.... sneak...

Well, now, if it signs the log in such a way that nobody can read it, that sort of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

At the picnic I handed out a bunch of waterproof micro-cache log sheets. Feedback on how well these work "in the field" would be appreciated. So if you place out one of these sheets or find one in a cache then either post your comments here and/or send me private email.

Thanks. - Rick

Yes. I want some. I have two damp logs in micros that need replacing. Your paper is excellent and you should go into business selling it to cache hiders.

Does anyone know who let Doobies borrow a pan to warm up some chili dog sauce at the picnic? I have the pan and would like to get it to it's owner. I also have a piece of hiking gear that was left, e-mail me a discription and I will get back with you.

Chris-Team Shydog

Yes. That pan belongs to RPW. I got it for him to use. Thanks for the heads up.

Does anyone know who let Doobies borrow a pan to warm up some chili dog sauce at the picnic? I have the pan and would like to get it to it's owner. I also have a piece of hiking gear that was left, e-mail me a discription and I will get back with you.

Chris-Team Shydog

I was wondering where my brand new 60CSx went. You can just give to Star at the next lunch meet.

Wulf