Sandisk 1gb Ultra Ii Micro Sd Heads Up

German Forums are reporting that these cards ([/b]SanDisk ULTRA II[/b]) are unusable after being written in a GPS 60cx or 60CSx. They are no longer readable, cause Windows to crash and can not be formatted. They are also no longer readable in a card reader or under Linux.

The non ULTRA II cards function perfectly. :rolleyes:

Edited by Skeets_de

German Forums are reporting that these cards ([/b]SanDisk ULTRA II[/b]) are unusable after being written in a GPS 60cx or 60CSx. They are no longer readable, cause Windows to crash and can not be formatted. They are also no longer readable in a card reader or under Linux.

The non ULTRA II cards function perfectly. :laughing:

I stand corrected some members of the German forum are reporting that standard SanDisk 1 GB cards are also dead after being written in a 60Cx or 60Csx. According to the German forum members, the GPS apparently times out and locks up; the GPS can only be restarted by disconnecting the USB cable.

Afterwards the card can no longer be modified. :wacko:

Can someone confirm that he has fully loaded a 1GB card while it was in the GPS? :wacko:

I have Maqp76CSx and I loaded 870 MBs of CN and Topo maps to a 1GB Sandisk micro card while it was installed in my GSPr (via USB). No problems with the load or usage so far. I did this about a week ago and have been using it daily since then. I have not tried to modify or reload the maps though.

I loaded 812MB about a month ago (directly to the 60CSx); no problems. Wonder if there is a problem with the European maps?

Thanks for the info guys. I will be in Milwaukee in a week visiting my daughter for two weeks and my GPS 60CSx is waiting for me. She uses a Legend C for her Geocaching. :)

I'm not sure what the question really is. I've loaded about 900 MB on a 1 GB card through my 60 CSx, and it is working just fine. I have not tried to reload or change any of the data. I loaded through the GPS since my reader came in a couple days after the card.

I guess what I'm now wondering, is this something that some of us may see when we try to change data sometime down the road.

Rick

I'm not sure what the question really is. I've loaded about 900 MB on a 1 GB card through my 60 CSx, and it is working just fine. I have not tried to reload or change any of the data. I loaded through the GPS since my reader came in a couple days after the card.

I guess what I'm now wondering, is this something that some of us may see when we try to change data sometime down the road.

Rick

Rick from what I can see in the German forum it only affects the ULTRA II versions of this card. The standard card works fine. The more expensive ULTRA II card has no advantage in our application anyway. :laughing:

I recently read on another forum that a guy purchsed a "pirate"(fake/forged/faux!) SANDISK 2G CF UltraII card.

It was so obvious he said that the label was obviously "stuck" to the card....

...maybe someone in Europe thought to copy this idea for these expensive micro cards?

just a thought!

Edited by arthurking83

I recently read on another forum that a guy purchsed a "pirate"(fake/forged/faux!) SANDISK 2G CF UltraII card.

...maybe someone in Europe thought to copy this idea for these expensive micro cards?

just a thought!

Guys here in Germany have reported their dealers took them back, no problems. :laughing:

just a thought!

Guys here in Germany have reported their dealers took them back, no problems. :laughing: