".loc" Files And Mapsource

I'm trying to download waypoints from geocaching.com (.loc) into a gamin 60csx vis mapsource. I cannot get mapsource to read .loc files. Am I missing something? :rolleyes:

I can get it to work using EasyGPS, but I assume since mapsource came with my GPS that it is a better tool. It already comes with a basic map in it for one thing. However......... I cannot get it to download this level of map detail into my GPS either?????? The basic map pre loaded in the GPS is pretty worthless. Even less detail that comes on standard issue mapsource.

Also what does it mean on the satellite page when "D"'s are on the bottom of the bars. I assume this is good!

Can someone help me?

Edited by 5thwheelfinders

In MapSource, click on "File" > "Open" - the "Open" window appears.

At the bottom of the window, where it says "Files of type:" change it from "Garmin GPS Database Files (*.gdb)" to "LOC Files (*.loc)".

If .loc is not listed there, then you need to update your MapSource version:

CLICK HERE to download the latest version update (6.10.2). Be advised that I'm having problems opening that specific link at the time of posting this message (probably due to a problem at Garmin's Web site as I'm having NO problems accessing other sites and pages on Garmin's site).

Edited by Neo_Geo