I Saw Somtheing Very Strange On My Gpsr

I was just exiting my car today as I arrive at a parking area for a few caches (I used the GPS street mapping to find the location). When I looked at my GPSr, I notice a VERY strange thing on the display:

1. The display had switched to landscape mode

2. The colors of the text and backgruond had inverted (or maybe just turned shades of red)

3. The text was still visible, but also reversed. VERY strange.

I nearly freaked out! It took a couple seconds to actually get the unit to shut down.

When the unit rebooted, all was well. I even managed to find 11 caches today after that moment Whew!

I have no clue WTF happened?? I hope I don't see it again.

markp99

I was just exiting my car today as I arrive at a parking area for a few caches (I used the GPS street mapping to find the location). When I looked at my GPSr, I notice a VERY strange thing on the display:

1. The display had switched to landscape mode

2. The colors of the text and backgruond had inverted (or maybe just turned shades of red)

3. The text was still visible, but also reversed. VERY strange.

I nearly freaked out! It took a couple seconds to actually get the unit to shut down.

When the unit rebooted, all was well. I even managed to find 11 caches today after that moment Whew!

I have no clue WTF happened?? I hope I don't see it again.

markp99

About a week ago, all the land on my eXplorist 600, turned blue. :rolleyes: After a moment of panic realizing that I hadn't brough my scuba gear, I zoomed out a notch or two and I was back on land. <_<

Seriously though, it took me a while to get it fixed. I wasn't anywhere near water at the time. A few minutes later I was able to zoom back in and the blue didn't return. It was odd.

Scott