"garmin Etrex Vista Cx" Turns Off After Data Transfer

Hey guys,

i just got my"Garmin Etrex Vista Cx" (awesome little unit!!!). however, when i transfer info to and from my computer, the Vista turns off? does any one know if theirs does this as well (also, i have downloaded the latest update). i'm only using the software the unit comes from to upload cache site info. i've read the manual to see if their was a feature in can turn off, but it doesn't give much info on uploads.

also, anyone know of any websites (or great offers) that are selling garmin maps? i thought i could survive using the map the unit comes with . . . as most of you know, you really can't. i'm looking to get city maps so that i can get better situated in this hobby and learn my bearings (i'm using the coordinates, but when you walk into a couple of walls or houses, it gets frustrating sometimes!!! also, i live in santa clarita, ca and the provided map indicates my city has only 3 main roads; guess we've grown a bit since).

thanx for any help you can provide

relikizan

my 60cx did that. There is a setting either in mapsource or the device (I don't have access to either right now) that you can set.

I THINK that there was a checkbox on the transfer dialog on mapsource.

EDIT.

I got cityselect 7 as part of a package with the unit at gpsdiscount.com. Some other places to check are tigerdirect.com, megagps.com, lakepowellmarine.com and several others.

Edited by drbugs

my 60cx did that. There is a setting either in mapsource or the device (I don't have access to either right now) that you can set.

EDIT.

I got cityselect 7 as part of a package with the unit at gpsdiscount.com. Some other places to check are tigerdirect.com, megagps.com, lakepowellmarine.com and several others.

Thanx for the prompt answer!!! i'll look around as it's probably my enthusiasm that's causing me to miss the little things.

have a great weekend!!!

EDIT.

Thanx for the prompt answer!!! i'll look around as it's probably my enthusiasm that's causing me to miss the little things.

have a great weekend!!!

Dood! I was the same way. these toys are a lot of fun!

enjoy. This forum has/is a great help. lots of good people here.

Hope you get out and get some caches this weekend!

Randy

i just got my"Garmin Etrex Vista Cx" (awesome little unit!!!). however, when i transfer info to and from my computer, the Vista turns off? does any one know if theirs does this as well (also, i have downloaded the latest update). i'm only using the software the unit comes from to upload cache site info. i've read the manual to see if their was a feature in can turn off, but it doesn't give much info on uploads.

There's a checkbox on one of the dialog boxes when you begin a transfer of data to your GPS. It says something like, "Turn Off GPS After Transfer?"

GeoBC