Alaskan Caching Milestones

scobey

Two well known Alaskan geocachers set a milestone last night at a new cache in Anchorage.

More details here.

Please send them your congratulations! :)

And nearing his 1000th find is Tundra Tim!!! Send him your best as well.

Edited by scobey

Two well known Alaskan geocachers set a milestone last night at a new cache in Anchorage.

More details here.

Please send them your congratulations! :)

And nearing his 1000th find is Tundra Tim!!! Send him your best as well.

Congrats. to our neighbors in Alaska for their recent and upcoming milestones. :D

Nice to hear from you! I have a son who is an Alaskan Commercial Fisherman. Might be visiting him this summer. I thought about placing a cache where he lives. He could maintain it. Thing is... you have to take a float plane into Pelican! :P

Our best to you!

Mr. and Mrs. Wienerdog :ph34r:

Thing is... you have to take a float plane into Pelican! :D

Our best to you!

Mr. and Mrs. Wienerdog :D

Hey I've been to Pelican. Don't remember too much about it, but also been to Tenakee Springs several times, once to pick up a guy that had been shot, and also to Hoonah where we ran out 95' patrol boat through the dock and up on to the beach. :) Good times.

Thing is... you have to take a float plane into Pelican! :D

Our best to you!

Mr. and Mrs. Wienerdog :)

Hey I've been to Pelican. Don't remember too much about it, but also been to Tenakee Springs several times, once to pick up a guy that had been shot, and also to Hoonah where we ran out 95' patrol boat through the dock and up on to the beach. :) Good times.

Really EraSeek?

:D OHMYGOSH! Sounds like I might have to dress like Annie Oakly when I get up there! About 140 people claim residence in Pelican. But even at this time of year there are only 40 people residing in the town.

I have a sweet little Grandson I haven't seen yet! If you look at pictures of Pelican my son lives in the big white house to the right of the picture. Just hope he doesn't make me go out in his big fishing vessal. Ugg! I will truly be sick! :D

BIG congrats, everyone!!

:D:):D:D:D:D:)

Hey denali7,

You sound like a typical Alaskan to me. Oh dear, if I find there are are many caches about I might have to rescue the Grandson from Pelican, fly to Anchorage, and get some real caching in! :)

Where is Cent5 when you need him?

Whining.....Cent5... I haven't seen my son in may moons, let alone the new babe who is now four years old! How can I get there on my meagar income? Boo Hoo! :D

Inquireing...... Mrs. Wienerdog!

Whining.....Cent5... I haven't seen my son in may moons, let alone the new babe who is now four years old! How can I get there on my meagar income? Boo Hoo! :laughing:

Well lesse. Sitka is about as close to Pelican as Alaska Airlines flys. It can be dicey getting in and out of. Lemme think about this.

Whining.....Cent5... I haven't seen my son in may moons, let alone the new babe who is now four years old! How can I get there on my meagar income? Boo Hoo! :laughing:

Well lesse. Sitka is about as close to Pelican as Alaska Airlines flys. It can be dicey getting in and out of. Lemme think about this.

You are so sweet Cent 5! I really wasn't trying to put any pressure on you You are just known as our Alaskan connection I guess! I was just spouting off because I miss my kids so much! I really don't see you on the forums that much so I am suprised by your reply! Thank you! Truthfully, I don't know what the best route would be. I know that however, I miss my Son so much and my Grandson I have never seen. I have been saving up some money to try to go see them this summer. If I can swing it, I want to take my little Granddaughter with me.

You can email me personnally if you like! Keeping my emotionilism off the forums would probably be best. If you can think of the best route it would be much appreciated. If not... don't go to any trouble, I'm sure in time I can get things orderr Thanks for your concern!

Donna (WD)

Grats guys.

Gearing up to get back in action myself this summer. Missed out all of last season due to surgery. Kids are bugging me to get back out there.

See you all on the trails!

Hi Bilder:

It will be great to have you back in action. At least two of our caches are inspired by your cleverevilness!!!

Grats guys.

Gearing up to get back in action myself this summer. Missed out all of last season due to surgery. Kids are bugging me to get back out there.

See you all on the trails!

Hi Bilder:

It will be great to have you back in action. At least two of our caches are inspired by your cleverevilness!!!

I have unabashedly stolen one of Bilders and everyone that knew of it tells me so :o

Wait till you see what I got in mind for a new one. Been thinking of something twisted and evil for over a year now.

I will be sure to look for your new cache once I get home from Iraq :) . I have a years worth of geocaching to catch up on. If the Army did not send me all over the palce I would probably be close to 3000 finds by now :D .

Plenty of cache hides to come from ideas that i got from being in Iraq. No exploding caches I promise! Just caches full of Iraqi dinars and head dresses :D

Powmia hit #500 with a FTF at Braveladd's Micro #1 during a multiday caching trip to Fairbanks. He was accompanied by his wife.

I must have just missed him because his FTF log said 8:45 and I arrived on site at about 8:47. He called later in the day and said he made tracks when the tourists started pouring off the bus. They must have been the same tourists that came around one side of the hide as I looked on the other.

Powmia hit #500 with a FTF at Braveladd's Micro #1 during a multiday caching trip to Fairbanks. He was accompanied by his wife.

I must have just missed him because his FTF log said 8:45 and I arrived on site at about 8:47. He called later in the day and said he made tracks when the tourists started pouring off the bus. They must have been the same tourists that came around one side of the hide as I looked on the other.

Great Job POWMIA!!!!! :D:D

Wow!!! Globalgirl's Bucket 'O Gold just keeps on generating milestones. MTBoy logged his 400th find up there yesterday!

Congratulations, MTBoy!!!

I really hope we do get to climb a peak together someday.

Trove Rover also went over 400 this weekend.

Congratulations, Trove Rover!!!

And, yellihc from Delta Junction, went over 300 while prowling around Fairbanks this weekend.

Congratulations, Andy and Mary!!!

Edited by Ladybug Kids

And after his posting for the others who hit milestones, goes a BIG

Congratulations To Ladybug Kids

who hit #7 :):D This last weekend while on a family outing.

A real caching fanatic with 206 caches since May 4!

Edited by scobey