60cs "memory Full" Issue

Hello all...

I'm having a Memory Full issue with my 60CS. I have cleared all routes and tracks etc. (Altimeter Page>Menu>Reset>Select All>Apply). I load my 448 Waypoints (Child waypoints are excluded) from GSAK, and after the load is complete I get the "Memory Full" message (The message also appears after powering the unit on).

Here is some info on my unit:

Software Version: 4.10

City Select North America V6.0

I have tried updating the software several times...thinking that maybe there was an issue with a corrupted download...

A related/unrelated issue is that I also get Route Calculation errors very frequently...when it tries to calculate a route, sometimes it gives me the Route Calculation Error message...other times it just goes back to the Map Page and the normally highlighted route is either not there...or nowhere near my current location.

Any help with this/these issues would be greatly appreciated. I have an e-mail into Garmin about this...but I figure I would try here as well...

Thank you,

Six

Hello all...

I'm having a Memory Full issue with my 60CS. I have cleared all routes and tracks etc. (Altimeter Page>Menu>Reset>Select All>Apply). I load my 448 Waypoints (Child waypoints are excluded) from GSAK, and after the load is complete I get the "Memory Full" message (The message also appears after powering the unit on).

Here is some info on my unit:

Software Version: 4.10

City Select North America V6.0

I have tried updating the software several times...thinking that maybe there was an issue with a corrupted download...

A related/unrelated issue is that I also get Route Calculation errors very frequently...when it tries to calculate a route, sometimes it gives me the Route Calculation Error message...other times it just goes back to the Map Page and the normally highlighted route is either not there...or nowhere near my current location.

Any help with this/these issues would be greatly appreciated. I have an e-mail into Garmin about this...but I figure I would try here as well...

Thank you,

Six

Six,

I had basically the same problem with my 60CS. I finally found out that I had several maps selected on my Mapsourse software along with my 512 waypoints. So I deleted all the waypoints on the 60CS, then I deleted the maps from Mapsourse and reinstalled the waypoints to the 60CS everything went back to normal. Hope this helped, Thatsit/Bill..........

Thanks for the replies!

This is a stupid question...but how do I clear out the maps??

Six

Load in new maps, they will replace any maps previously loaded by CS.

I just load my local area if I don't need other areas at the time. :)

Edited by whitecrow

Thank you...I'm trying that now...but I have always had the same map set loaded...roughly 44mb of map data. I am not sure why all of a sudden it would decide that that is too much?

I've loaded the surrounding areas from just my home and my work...and it's 31mb. I still get the Memory Full message on Power-up...

I'm trying it again with just 24.4mb...I'll let you know what happens.

Edited by SixTen

It was probably the track log that was full, and the reset cleared the log.

Loading maps is an all-or-nothing deal. Either there is room for the maps when you load them, or there is not. MapSource will not send maps to the GPSr if the space needed for the set exceeds the amount of memory available. The maps cannot grow inside the GPSr's memory, so the GPSr will never give any indication of full memory related to map space.