Canada Gets Google Maps

The Blue Quasar

If you haven't seen it yet... the crappy GC.COM Maps have been replaced with a Beta Version of GOOGLE MAPS.

Even the nearby caches can be seen with better road data!

YES!

Check out a cache page for the default image, and also then the Geocaching.com map, then switch to the Beta GOOGLE ones.... sweet!

;) The Blue Quasar

If you haven't seen it yet... the crappy GC.COM Maps have been replaced with a Beta Version of GOOGLE MAPS.

Even the nearby caches can be seen with better road data!

YES!

Check out a cache page for the default image, and also then the Geocaching.com map, then switch to the Beta GOOGLE ones.... sweet!

;) The Blue Quasar

I noticed that on a couple of recently approved caches. Very nice, indeed.

Scott

From what I understand, it depends on the satellite imagery details. If you use google earth you will notice that some of the sat stuff is high def and other stuff is old. I also suspect that GC.com might be adding some value of error as it does with google earth, to make you more dependant on the GPSr.

Looking at the routes I have been driving here at CFB Gagetown, I can say that it depends on the year that the satellite imagery was taken and how it corresponds to the overlay. My tracks line up almost exactly.

drivercourse25jk.jpg

Edited by Bzzliteyr

Must be the overlays.. just like any mapping software (the overlay), sometimes they are off. I know my latest Mapsource Topo is missing the new T-Can highway but my Pioneer navigation unit has it. You can never seem to find the perfect map software, you seem to have to use them all together.