Cachine In Israel

dobsonian

I'll be traveling on business in a couple of weeks and Israel is one of the countries on my itinerary. I'll have a few free hours over the course of 2 days and I have a TB that needs to be placed in or near Africa. I'm trying to figure out a few things, first off am I putting myself at risk by attempting to cache in Israel? Will a GPS be an issue with customs/security? What are the more accessible caches near tel aviv? Is there anywhere to acquire overlay maps? Your advice is greatly apprecaited.

Regards,

Adam R. aka dobsonian

Will a GPS be an issue with customs/security?

OK, too late for your request, but just as a general info, I am just back from Israel, and the GPS was absolutely no problem.

I cannot say the same for my camera and my laptop :huh: they got checked twice and have even been taken to another room for further scrutiny, when leaving the country.

Now I know what security is. :unsure:

I'll go back anytime.

Shalom

Joe

Well, didn't have any problems with the GPS or much else for that matter. The cache I visited was in a nice quiet out of the way place and what I saw in Israel vs my memories of 30 years prior was a much less tense environment. My only issue on the trip was my passport photo taken 5 years ago before a little Atkins fun which netted me ~60lbs lighter. They had issues letting me in and out of Israel. The US and France were no problem nor was getting a Visa to India. AER