Was Wondering...

I am trying to think of a way to replace my cache that is at a local park... it happens to be next to my house.... I found a really good spot, but it's actually in my back yard.... in a way..... It's next to my "junk" shack... We're in the proccess of claning it out lol. Anywho.... if i mention it's in my back yard would there be a problem? I'm sure as long as my reveiwer knows it's in a yard and it's MY yard it should get ok'd.... what do YOU all think? would it be a problem? Would you search for it? It's NOT in the shed, but close by it.

You shouldn't have a problem since you have explicit permission from the land owner to place the cache.

As for seeking it, I hate the feeling of being watched but I have looked for caches in peoples yards before. I try to be discrete so they don't notice me. If I can't I knock on the door and say hello while the rest of the team does the deed. If it's by your shed, maybe cachers can feel more comfortable in their search.

:laughing: Here's my thoughts...when I first started goecaching, I didn't really know what I was doing, what I was looking for, so my search 'range' was really broad until I figured out my GPS. Do you want really want people in your backyard at all hours of the day...1 am...6 am...??? Don't you want any level of privacy? I don't know how big your backyard is, but the ONLY reason I'd place a cache in my backyard would be for the meer hilariousness of watching people do goofy things to try to find your cache! :ph34r: Why does it have to be moved from the park? What's wrong with where it is? Is there no other place nearby that would work? :lol:

I am trying to think of a way to replace my cache that is at a local park... it happens to be next to my house.... I found a really good spot, but it's actually in my back yard.... in a way..... It's next to my "junk" shack... We're in the proccess of claning it out lol. Anywho.... if i mention it's in my back yard would there be a problem? I'm sure as long as my reveiwer knows it's in a yard and it's MY yard it should get ok'd.... what do YOU all think? would it be a problem? Would you search for it? It's NOT in the shed, but close by it.

There is a local cache in our area that is a multi in someone's backyard. I'm too tired to look up the link, but it's called "Lights after sunset evoke resolution."

Such caches are generally fine, but many geocachers feel hinky about them. You always worry that your GPS is leading you into the wrong backyard. The issue comes up often enough that I have a form letter I send out to people who hide caches in their own yard. Most of the time, it is their first cache hide:

Hello, I am a volunteer for Geocaching.com and I have reviewed your cache submission. Welcome to geocaching, and thanks for hiding a cache.

This cache looks like it's hidden in a residential area. Hopefully it is on your own property, because caches on private property need clear evidence of permission. Geocachers are often very uncomfortable searching for a cache near a residence. It would help people enjoy your cache, and you'll get more visitors, if you could edit your cache description to say that you are the owner of the property and that people have permission to search there. If you need to attach any conditions, like "no searching after 10:00 at night," it would be a good idea to mention this on your cache page also. Otherwise, expect bumps in the night and barking dogs at 2:00 a.m. Finally, because of bad satellite reception, approaching from the wrong direction, etc., it is possible that geocachers may inadvertently trespass on your neighbors' property. Please consider telling your neighbors about your geocache, and adding a hint to let people know they're at the correct house.

Once you have edited your cache page to address these issues, let me know this and I will take another look at your submission.

To address goldfishy (hope i got it right, if not sorry) the original one was taken by some local kids... read my rant here. I disabled it for a while, and have been thinking of a way to replace it.... I should take the pics and ask Mystery Ink if he'd still want to help me think of a container, but it's been soooo long ago lol (if ya read this MI I haven't forgotten your offer, just never got around to it). Any who... I wouldn't mind to much of people looking around. and it would suggest not looking after dark, unless they don't mind barking dogs, but it could wake a nieghbor or two or three up.

After looking for this one I think it'd be funny watching people looking for one lol. I may still think about covering it with some bark off a tree in my yard that fell off (like I had mentioned in CCC).

I also mentioned it to my hubby and he's not to found of the thought.. so I may change my mind lol.

edited to add: It will state it's in my yard

Edited by wandat24

didn't want to start a new topic for this question... hopefully since this one is still new maybe i'll get it answered... Ok I bet i'm over looking it or you can't do it.... Can you add pics to your gallery other then when you log a cache or TB?