Whats The Largest Tb?

Taliban Hunter

Probably not the largest TB, but this is the largest TB tag: NBJPoppa's Giant Travel Bug.

If you know NBJPoppa you know that he is the bug man of the Pacific Northwest, it was a great site to see when he made his first entrance with this bug.

It is to scale.

52588963-42d5-4aa6-b806-1b061e0b0599.jpg

4a8f36ab-f476-4066-8fb5-c303168cfd41.jpg

(The number was edited out in the pictures.)

Edit to add pictures

Edited by jcar

Well, let's see, we have Cindy the Cinderblock, the bowling ball one, Tommy the Tire, The Pay Phone, the railroad tie (but don't get within 250' of it!), some people have them on their cars I think, and then there is the guy with the TB tatoo on his arm. The human TB. All big. Most don't fit in caches. Try stuffing the human TB in an ammo can and you might get some resistance.

I moved this one recently: Cold War Relic

It was dropped off at one caching couple's home based cache (well at the door really...) Since I didn't know of any other caches big enough to hold it, I dropped it off on the doorstep of another cacher and logged it as dropped off in his bug hotel also in his yard. Some local cachers convinced me to pick it up, but they didn't specify exactly how big it was: 35 lbs of candy from 1964

the pics on the bug page don't accurately show how large it is

hugetravelbug1.jpg

Edited by Tsmola

Seems like a good topic to ask this question.

I'd like to make the largest TB.

What defines the largest TB? I mean I could stick a tent stake in the ground, tie a tag to it and say the Earth is my TB. Shouldn't the TB be moveable (by a finding cacher) to some degree to be deemed the largest? (Sorry, no Archimedes' Lever TB's)

Otherwise it's a "show up and log it" TB, not a traveler.

Buses, plane, blimps, boulders? sure....

But unless it actually travels from one cache to another I'm not calling Guinness quite yet.

Just curious of other's opinions.

Edited by BlueDeuce

OK...it's not the largest, but it's bigger than the typical TB...863244e1-09c1-441e-81b5-a0c85ec0fb4f.jpg Brenda's B-day Bus Stop. It was a gift to her at a GC event. We made a logbook for the TB. The logbook goes into the cache container, and the TB is hidden nearby. We ask the cahers to put the coords and a description of where it is hidden in the TB logbook. It seems to be workin well, but no one seems to want to move the TB out of the park.

I have seen a blue truck TB

Fezz's BIG BLUE Travel Bug

:)

A truck would be good if you can get it cache to cache.

I was thinking about maybe tying up a bike along a trail that the finder would ride it to the next cache and the next cacher would ride it back.

I consider myself to be a travel bug. It's pretty much a tracking TB, but I do carry the tag with me in my wallet. Since I'm about 300 lbs., you can at least consider me in the "large" category. :laughing:

Me too. Actually, I'm someone else's tb. I was tagged and released at an event a year and a half ago.

Snoogans Bug

a_55.jpg

Mary Proppins. A propeller from a commercial airplane. Not too heavy. But you will need a pick-up truck to transport her.

Mary Proppins

CF30

Someone actually hauled this monster from Missouri to GeoWoodstock4. I can't wait to read the logs for it!

B)B)B):rolleyes:

Mary is sitting pretty in my living room RIGHT NOW! The Snoogstress had quite an argument about me bringing that bug home...... It went something like this: "I'm bringing that bug home. NO you're NOT! Yes, I am... NO you're NOT! Yes, I am... NO you're NOT! Yes, I am... NO you're NOT! Yes, I am... NO you're NOT! Yes, I am... NO you're NOT! Yes, I am... NO you're NOT! Yes, I am... NO you're NOT! Yes, I am... NOnononononononononono.. YESSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssss..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

After three days of begging she caved. Welllll, sorta. I hafta move a bunch of my stuff to storage... BUT I got the bug!

Well, let's see, we have Cindy the Cinderblock, the bowling ball one, Tommy the Tire, The Pay Phone, the railroad tie (but don't get within 250' of it!), some people have them on their cars I think, and then there is the guy with the TB tatoo on his arm. The human TB. All big. Most don't fit in caches. Try stuffing the human TB in an ammo can and you might get some resistance.

That's why they make blenders......

ew..... I even creeped myself out on that one.....

Suppose you made a TB out of an inflatable raft or something similar that was huge but portable. Not too heavy, might fit in a large container. Definitely could be a big legitimate traveler.

I like it! Thanks for the idea! I am off to the Fantasy Shop...

How about 'Blowup Betty'????

Suppose you made a TB out of an inflatable raft or something similar that was huge but portable. Not too heavy, might fit in a large container. Definitely could be a big legitimate traveler.

Nawwww, get a Love Ewe. :unsure::lol::huh::lol:B)B)

Nawwww, get a Love Ewe. :P:):D:rolleyes::P:P

"Sumpin just ain't right with that boy, just ain't right, I'm tellin ya...."

Nawwww, get a Love Ewe. :mad::mad::laughing::laughing:;):laughing:

"Sumpin just ain't right with that boy, just ain't right, I'm tellin ya...."

Googled that one did ya? :mad::unsure:

My truck is a Travel Bug (Fezz's BIG BLUE BUG). It's a 2004 Ford Ranger... It may not go IN the caches, but it does get logged in and out of each one I go to.

At a picnic recently, we discovered a 213 lb Mile Marker that is a Travel Bug. It is a granite pillar used to, well... mark miles (as the name would suggest).

-Fezz

Nawwww, get a Love Ewe. :laughing::P:anitongue::lol::anitongue::rolleyes:

I got one of those for my bachelor party several years ago. It's still in the basement. I was going to put it in a garage sale, but the wife didn't want too many weird rumors started. I suggested that we just inflate it and let my 3-year old daughter play with it, but mom didn't much like that idea either.

If you want it to be "used" as a TB, I'll send it to you! :ph34r: