The Official Geowoodstock 4 Woot Thread!

WOOT!

I take off to head up there in just three weeks! :)

WOOT!

I'm hosting the Friday night meet and greet event where I'll be giving away 10,000 caches. :):)

WOOT!

Can't wait to see all the friends I made at GW3.... :P:(

WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!

Judging from MY registration number, there will almost surely be 1000+ people there! :(

WOOT!

So.... What are YOUR plans? Driving & cachin' your way there? Flying? Camping in the park or staying at a motel? Is this your first GW, or have you been to others? etc......

WOOT! WOOT!

I will be flying in on the Tuesday before GW4 and we are staying at one of the local Comfort Inns.

WOOT! WOOT!

I will see you Friday night at your event! :)

WOOT! WOOT!

This will be my 2nd Geowoodstock and I look forward to putting more faces with names that I have run across in the forums and seeing those cachers that I met at last year's event!!

WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!

I can't wait!! :):):P

Registered and ready to roll...will be driving over from the Phoenix, Arizona area and will get there in time for the Thursday night Event...

This will be the first GeoWoodstock for the O.C.B., which has a fancy new display case:

1a7e9df2-8990-4bf1-b62d-635a693f8d30.jpg

There will also be a raffle for an exact replica of the Original Stash Tribute Plaque, which is being cast from the same die as the one that was placed up in Portland, at the site of Dave Ulmers 'Original Stash'....

WOOT! Team CHB is staying in a van down by the river. (Well not really we do have hotel rooms near DFW for napping, bathing, and storing dirty clothes). We're in town Wednesday through Monday. WOOT! :D

WOOT!-only one degree of seperation from the OP-we finally met last year-You better get QL re-enabled before GW4 so I can finally log it. :) WOOT!

WOOT! Really looking forward to seeing all my geopals again, and meeting some new ones that I've only met virtually! :D WOOT!

WOOT! My third geowoodstock. I wasn't invited to number one :D WOOT!

WOOT! If there isn't a new golfball designee we can always fedex them to carleenp. :D But it won't be the same without her there. (In fact I think that's how I introduced myself at GW2-Hi I'm wimseyguy-here's some golfballs. I understand you collect them. :)) WOOT!

Woot,

We will be driving in with our trailer to stay in the campground, from Oregon. We are schedualled to arrive Wednesday afternoon.

woot

Haven't heard about the Thursday event,

woot

but we are looking forward to the Friday and Saturday events.

Woot and any caching trips we can take.

Hi Snoogans from Germany!

Woot Woot

We rode through the Florida jungles together last year at GW3 ;-) and had a great time together.

Woot

With 3 fellow german cachers, we will arrive 9 days before GW4 and stay for 2 1/2 weeks.

Woot Woot Woot

Looking forward to meet old friends from GW2 and GW3 and to make new friends at the three events (thursday's chili, friday your event and GW4)

Woot

Caching brings people together :-)

Hi Snoogans from Germany!

Woot Woot

We rode through the Florida jungles together last year at GW3 ;-) and had a great time together.

Woot

With 3 fellow german cachers, we will arrive 9 days before GW4 and stay for 2 1/2 weeks.

Woot Woot Woot

Looking forward to meet old friends from GW2 and GW3 and to make new friends at the three events (thursday's chili, friday your event and GW4)

Woot

Caching brings people together :-)

I hope you're bringing an EMPTY suitcase for all the travel bugs and ODS caches you four will be taking home.... :rolleyes:<_<

Woot!

Can't wait. I'll be taking off on Friday and spending all day Saturday. Would love to stay Sunday and do a cache run, but I really want to grab a cache in New Mexico to finish off all 50 states.

Hey Snoogans, I won't be able to make the Friday night event, but is there a way I can get ahold of one or two of those 10,000 caches? I'd like to place a few in MS.

Edited by DavidMac

Woot!

Can't wait. I'll be taking off on Friday and spending all day Saturday. Would love to stay Sunday and do a cache run, but I really want to grab a cache in New Mexico to finish off all 50 states.

Hey Snoogans, I won't be able to make the Friday night event, but is there a way I can get ahold of one or two of those 10,000 caches? I'd like to place a few in MS.

I'm thinkin' that I might have a surplus of seed pods, but judging by the turnout for the Friday meet and greet at GW3, I may not.

I'm going to save a few hundred micros back for the folks that miss out on the seed pods, so you'll at least get one of the seeds...... :rolleyes:

WOOT! If there isn't a new golfball designee we can always fedex them to carleenp. :ph34r: But it won't be the same without her there. (In fact I think that's how I introduced myself at GW2-Hi I'm wimseyguy-here's some golfballs. I understand you collect them. <_<) WOOT!

I picked up some golf balls in San Diego and brought them with me when I visited Carleen in Nebraska last year :blink:

Sadly, I won't be able to attend GW4. I was ==> <== (this close) but decided to buy a house instead. How irresponsible of me :rolleyes:

Edited by Team GPSaxophone

I'm thinkin' that I might have a surplus of seed pods, but judging by the turnout for the Friday meet and greet at GW3, I may not.

I'm going to save a few hundred micros back for the folks that miss out on the seed pods, so you'll at least get one of the seeds...... :rolleyes:

I was referring to the seeds, realizing that there may not be enough of the larger caches to go around. <_< I'll see how early I can get there, but it may be tough for me to arrive even by 10 PM and I suspect that things will have wrapped up by then.

Here' a preview of a few of the 200+ seed pods to be given away Friday night:

96748cd8-d1b1-41c9-b26b-6ed01c3bf4e5.jpg

6fee7212-1730-4030-93fb-deeba31a900b.jpg

e821fbea-7b4f-4367-9a75-53bec4ed6ded.jpg

We counted 12,112 seeds caches loaded and ready to go!

How big was the check you wrote to cover the new reviewer salaries? :D

I just wonder how many of those micros are going to be hidden in the woods.... :)

My first GW.

Woot!

Leaving out on my burfday.

WOOT!

GW will be the 8th state I've attended an event in.

Woot!

Can't wait to meet cachers from around the world.

Woot!

Already stockpiling beverages for the trip, especially for the chili cook off.

Woot!

Looking forward to seeing old friends again and to meeting alot of new faces to go with the names and forum entries over the years!

Sorry to hear you can't make it this year Carleen. I'll be ready for another night of caching till 3AM anyway.

Team360 - looking forward to meeting you - I still owe you a big thanks for the great trip you helped me arrange in Phoenix (what was it 2 yrs ago?)!

Saxy - you going?

There are just too many names to name!

Can't wait! The clock is ticking!

WOOT!

Folks, I have some genuine concerns about exactly how how big and how sophisticated and how REAL this Geowoodstock 4 event is gonna be. . . Like, for exampe:

If I recall correctly, when our local Maryland Geocaching Society (MGS) organized their Cache Across Maryland 2006 (aka CAM 2006) hunt, which culminated in the CAM 2006 picnic held on Saturday, 5/6/2006, they also hosted an alternate Nude Cache Across Maryland cache hunt, along with a large nude area at the picnic, and I think they flew Nudecacher in from Nevada as the guest of honor, along with two nude female supermodels from Mahnattan.

Further, MGS and Vyper4 (the organizer) have already announced that the upcoming June Meet and Greet event to be held in Cunningham Falls State Park in June will feature a landing of an alien mother ship at the event, offering each attendee a chance to meet and chat with alien grays and alien reptoid reptilian shapeshifters from a distant dying galaxy. And, MGS and Vyper4 have announced that there will even be a contest for alien abduction, where the winner will be abducted by the aliens to a tropical planet in the Zeta Reticuli system for one week.

Lastly, it is a poorly-kept secret that most of the members of MGS, myself included, are really West Virginia hillbillies, and thus the parking lot at the Patapsco State Park picnic area was jam-packed with rusty beater cars which had giant turbo air scoops, no paint and no mufflers, monster trucks loaded with chrome, and low-rider trucks with a quarter-inch of ground clearance, and there were about 2,000 kegs of unpasteurized organic draft microbrew beer available in the tailgating area...

So, my question is: Will Geowoodstock 4 be offering similar venues, or will it fail to live up to the high standards set by MGS here in Maryland? :laughing::wacko:

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

By the way, folks, in case it was not obvious, my above post was a joke! I was just being cute and poking fun. And, I was actually in Texas about 9 weeks ago -- I flew to Houston for 4 days to do Quantum Leap and some other caches (including several others by Snoogans), and had a lot of fun! I wish you all the best with GeoWoodstock 4! And, if I had some extra time and funds, I would definitely attend GW4, because it sounds like a blast! (On the other hand, it is really best that I do not attend, as I am so weird that you would end up banning all Marylanders from all future events...)

I wish you all the best with GeoWoodstock 4!

However, having said that, one question: Are there gonna be any landings of alien motherships? ...Please?

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

Anyone who is taking I-10 from the East coast to GW4 SHOULD NOT MISS the following caches:

In S. Mo.: Wilson House TB Hotel (BEST TB CACHE EVER!)

In NOLA: View Carre by Bamboozle (MOST UNIQUE CACHIN' EXPERIENCE EVER)

In Beaumont TX: Old Voth Sawmill

&

Swamp Lights

(The 2 best night caches EVER!)

I wonder how many of the nuts, er, I mean attendees that have been at all three of the previous GW1, GW2 and GW3 events will be at GW4?

I know of one so far...

WOOT! That would be me! :o:D:D

TWO

JOE

7770e836-2b53-4d6a-a7e1-95886a845a58.jpg

I know of at least two others in this pic who will be there!

BTW- The little girl in the pic is my great niece, Gabby. What a ham. :D

Some folks who were at GW3 and are sure to be at GW4:

f4dbc3b4-a06f-4b41-8a7c-03b8b292e611.jpg

A frog's brother and a 24hr geocaching world record holder!

6b774e3e-8cb3-4798-a081-3868e56921c9.jpg

You know who.... (The cup came from Whataburger, but what was in it didn't. ) :mad:

8912a49b-5207-4ac4-b122-2f958053c05a.jpg

He who is most exalted at ALL GW's. :o

6e90e9bd-d222-4c70-9008-5641e8325e1e.jpg

A GeoSuperstar who also happens to be super nice. ;)

e933b4a9-a2ad-4a36-9596-62c40979614d.jpg

Former Mayor of Jacksonville. So beloved that a street was named for her. :o

1f4a71a9-6d78-41e0-8d95-9e88c752566a.jpg

Lotsa guys wearing dresses.... :mad:

f4b8d9db-d41a-424d-af15-e068da223a03.jpg

A mad doctor! Mad I tells ya..... :o

f96bdf5a-d175-4779-b6f9-37dd33611e60.jpg

I scream, you scream, we all scream for........ :o

Edited by Snoogans

d2b2dd79-59dd-494a-b9cf-25f7c36daa56.jpg

These guys converted a rented van into a rolling NORAD for GW3.....

1f073d12-00ef-415f-81cb-a695488dea3f.jpg

I know at least one of these guys is coming!

b743ca38-62a3-49d4-aa09-03f3a7870ff8.jpg

Yep. Him too....

f3a490d0-f8e6-4749-8bcd-e62d011dbc45.jpg

And him.....

7f20b200-d10f-4cb2-a296-1f0cc2a8a842.jpg

The cache team who got me addicted to mud will also be there......

Now for some folks who've NEVER been to a GW that will be there:

bf6dd401-f029-460f-bdb5-b528f1ca6f73.jpg

This one is coming with me and she suspects, but doesn't know that I'll be officially proposing to her at the event. She knows I have the ring and is pi$sed that she can't wear it yet. :mad: :mad:

9d31eda2-bf53-4a3a-889b-33925d1b331e.jpg

Cujo's brother will be there too... :o

Edited by Snoogans

d2b2dd79-59dd-494a-b9cf-25f7c36daa56.jpg

These guys converted a rented van into a rolling NORAD for GW3.....

Hey! I made that sign. LOL!

It was made to pick up Paint at the airport in Nashville in April '04. We had planned on standing there with that "custom" sign like a limo driver would do, but we were running a little late and just picked him up at the drive through.

And yes...we'll be there!

Now for some folks who've NEVER been to a GW that will be there:

74f4691b-4247-491d-895b-38ef2a291e02.jpg

and

c5692cba-dfe3-4845-ad20-5acb118c21b8.jpg

Last time I checked, both of these hotties were still single! :D:D

This will be her first GW..... She's got nearly 5k finds and she just told me of her plans to hold some sort fo a geo-singles event during GW4 week.

14aace0f-31dd-43f3-b6f8-e969664b0cbe.jpg

Watch out geo-single dudes. She almost ran me into the ground one fine afternoon of cachin'.

This will be her first GW..... She's got nearly 5k finds and she just told me of her plans to hold some sort fo a geo-singles event during GW4 week.

Watch out geo-single dudes. She almost ran me into the ground one fine afternoon of cachin'.

Hmmmm geo-singles event?? :lol:

When... Where...

Count me in!

WOOT! WOOT!

Edited by medic208

Hmmmm geo-singles event?? :lol:

When... Where...

Count me in!

WOOT! WOOT!

Possibly, Saturday night, aaaafter the main event.... :lol: