Bug(?) Report: Backdating Log Does Not Work On Initial Entry

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, and if it is, whether or not this is the appropriate place to report it. Feel free to point me in a better direction, if that's more appropriate.

When creating a log for a waymark, I am given the option to choose a date for the log. I have noticed that if I choose a date in the past, the current date is the date assigned to the entry. If I go back and edit my log, I can change the date and the log is modified with the date from the past. Doing so obviously triggers the logic that adds a "this log was edited..." note at the bottom.

I don't know if this is relevant to reproducing the bug, but when I've seen it, it has been when my attempt to log a visit is prior to the creation of the waymark. E.g., I just created WMBWC today, but I visited the site last week. When logging my visit (which I do for the waymarks I create so I'll get the checkmark on the web page for listings -- it helps me keep track of what waymarks I haven't visited yet), I chose April 28 as the log date. The log is reported as May 3. I have not edited this log entry to modify the date (I'd rather have the visit date off by a few days than have the "log was edited..." note), but on other waymark logs (WMBKM, e.g.), I have edited the date after submiting the initial log entry and it allowed me to change the date to a date that is a few days before the approval of the waymark.

I don't know what the desired behavior *should* be (can a waymark be "visited" before it is approved on the sitte?), but having the option to choose a date for the log and apparently ignore that date is probably not the desired behavior.

I was traveling and couldn't get to a computer to log my waymark visits until I got home. I too found that I had to edit my initial log to change the current date to the date I ACTUALLY entered on my initial log (but which was apparently ignored). I also noticed that when I edit the entry the edited date (which will then appear on the log listing at the bottom of the waymark page) still does not appear as the DATE LAST VISITED on the page in which this waymark is listed as one of many in searches.

It is a bit tedious (and irritating) to have to edit all my logs to get the correct date I visited the waymark.

Today I noticed that some waymarks I have visited in the past have DATE LAST VISITED "not yet", even though my log is there and the red checkmark appears beside the waymark name.

Something changed in the coding while I was away! :(