Trouble With Pqs

horsegeeks

Yes, there is a problem today. 3 of mine ran this morning and only one made it to my email. I leave them on the mail server because I use the GSAK "Get Mail" feature, so my spam filter is not involved so I know the really did not come to me from geocaching.com.

Hopefully they will eventually arrive. It's a problem for folks who need 5 and run them, but then they don't arrive. If you go back to the web site, your daily 5 are used up and I don't think there is a way to just re-email them?

Edited by Cheminer Will

Yes, there is a problem today. 3 of mine ran this morning and only one made it to my email. I leave them on the mail server because I use the GSAK "Get Mail" feature, so my spam filter is not involved so I know the really did not come to me from geocaching.com.

Hopefully they will eventually arrive. It's a problem for folks who need 5 and run them, but then they don't arrive. If you go back to the web site, your daily 5 are used up and I don't think there is a way to just re-email them?

mine has still not arrived in my gmail account after about 3 hours now - hopefully it will sort itself out soon

Interesting, but maybe unrelated..... The one query that came through for me was one that was checked to run each week when checked. The 2 that did not arrive in email were set to "uncheck the day of the week" after running. So I changed all mine to run every week on the days checked.

I don't expect the missing PQ's to arrive. The web site seems to THINK it sent them, so that is probably it for those today. I have two PQ's left in my daily quota, so maybe later after it is sorted out, I will create duplicates, then just run and delete them.

I've seen mentions of this problem before but I had never had difficulty. I always got every email associated with my pocket queries.

Now in the last two days, some PQs say they have run, yet no email. In yesterday's batch, I received 3 of the 4 that I requested for an upcoming trip. Today, I received only 2 of 3 for my regular local area update.

With the new copy feature, it is pretty easy to get the missing PQs sent -- and received -- but only if you haven't already used your five PQs for the day.

I copied the one that I did not receive (nice new feature) and ran it, the copy arrived with out problems.

Did the same thing - same successful result - I guess the earlier one is lost in the ether for ever

Edit: Also note that I changed it to run weekly per other suggestion in this thread

Edited by Geofellas

I copied the one that I did not receive (nice new feature) and ran it, the copy arrived with out problems.

Did the same thing - same successful result - I guess the earlier one is lost in the ether for ever

Edit: Also note that I changed it to run weekly per other suggestion in this thread

I just successfully ran one but the previous two never showed.

Yep, It's not working fo me either. Web page says it ran but nothing shows up in the email. I had a friend run one from his acct and send it to my email and it did the same thing. His page shows it ran but I never got it.

HELP. I HAVE A PICNIC TO GO TO THIS WEEKEND AND WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SHOME CACHES TO FIND ALONG THE WAY!

HELP HELP HELP

:):P:(:):(:P

Please make us:

:D:):D:):D:P

Yep, It's not working for me either. Web page says it ran but nothing shows up in the email. I had a friend run one from his acct and send it to my email and it did the same thing. His page shows it ran but I never got it.

HELP. I HAVE A PICNIC TO GO TO THIS WEEKEND AND WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SHOME CACHES TO FIND ALONG THE WAY!

HELP HELP HELP

:):P:(:):(:P

Please make us:

:D:):D:):D:P

It does work if you tell it to run weekly. Too bad I used 5 queries to find that out. Oh well At least we can limp by with a workaround for now.

Does GC.com have the GPX file saved anywhere so that if for some reason the file is corrupted or does not arrive, the query owner could request a resend without having it effect there daily limit?

I have had corrupted zip files in the past and when it happens on a day where I have scheduled 5 queries, its incovenient.

Starting yesterday morning, there were some issues with our mail server. I've posted a note in the announcements forum about this issue.

Thanks, glad to have this news.

In fact, just a few minutes ago I recieved one of my missing PQs and was just coming back here to report that although the job was created at 6:24 a.m. this morning, it wasn't handed off to my server until 2:22 p.m. this afternoon.

But then I guess that would be old news to you now.

Thanks for everything.

I had three scheduled to run today, the PQ control page said that all three ran but I only received two. I copied the one that I did not receive (nice new feature) and ran it, the copy arrived with out problems.

My missing query that was run at 4:44 am according to my pocket query control panel arrived in my mail folder at 12:15 pm. So whatever blockage there was seams to have been cleaned out.