Software For Handheld Pda

In december I purchased a Hewlett-Packard IPAQ hoping to automatically download cache information. I am running Microsoft Windows Mobil - 5.0. I would like to know any suggestions for software I can use to download cache information (cache name, coordinates, hints, notes, etc) to my IPAQ. (I do currently use GSAK on my home computer, to download waypoints to my etrex legend. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

CacheMate is the way to go. I don't like the interface on the PPC as much as I do the one on the Palm, but the functionality is all there. You might also consider Mobile Streets if you don't have routing on your GPS. It's included with all versions of streets and trips, and it will get you to the cache site.

CacheMate is the way to go. I don't like the interface on the PPC as much as I do the one on the Palm, but the functionality is all there. You might also consider Mobile Streets if you don't have routing on your GPS. It's included with all versions of streets and trips, and it will get you to the cache site.

Is there any other software I need in addition to cachemate that you know of?

In december I purchased a Hewlett-Packard IPAQ hoping to automatically download cache information. I am running Microsoft Windows Mobil - 5.0. I would like to know any suggestions for software I can use to download cache information (cache name, coordinates, hints, notes, etc) to my IPAQ. (I do currently use GSAK on my home computer, to download waypoints to my etrex legend. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Just use GSAK and Export HTML files. Put this folder on your ipaq. I put a link on my PDA to the file index.HTML

Just try it. It's very fast. It uses internet explorer to show the files. You can just use internet explorer on your PC to view the HTML files just as you would on your PDA.

I Make the files in a folder called Cache and move the folder to my memory card.

You don't have to load the indes file. Just load any file in the folder and you will see a link on the top for the master index.

Use GSAK to make GPX files. Then you can use GPXSonar to view them on your PDA.

Since you are not a paid member I don't think you can get GPX Files directly (actually I know you can't) from this site which has the info that you want.

That limites you to the information you can put on your PDA easily. Easily coords and cache name. With a lot more work, everthing you want.

My suggestion would be to become a Premium Member so you can get the Pocket Queries to load into GSAK and it would be much quicker and easier. I use Cachemate and GPXSonar both. They both do the same thing and as far as functionality I'd have to rate them the same as well. The only difference is that GPXSonar is free and Cachemate is $8.

If someone could put together some info on how to work Cachemate without having to search the internet or their forums then it might be a little better. But from what I've seen GPXSonar will do the same thing for free.

I also use GpxSonar. I get gpx files via premium member pocket queries that I just copy to my iPaq and store on its SD card which GpxSonar loads right up. CacheMate is a newer (on the PocketPC, not Palm) than GpxSonar and I haven't bothered yet with seeing why I should (or shouldn't) use it instead of the more established GpxSonar which most people have been using for a while now.

For mapping software, I highly recommend Mapopolis.

I have been using BeeLine GPS software on my Dell Axim 51v. The software is designed just for geocaching. You can try out the sofeware for free for 30 days. BeeLine GPS I really like the all in one package, meaning that I can read the cache info, load the waypoints, compass, caches close to your present location. I do a bit of travel with me job and there are times that I have time to fill and I just pop in my GlobalSat CF GPS card and find the caches close to were I happen to be. I use GSAK to keep track of all the caches that I have loaded and then make a GPX file and copy that to my SD card in the Dell. I have tried GPXsonar and I just like BeeLine much better.