Photo Variable Not Working?

I posted a waymark to the Arizona Historic Markers category, and added the photo to the waymark variable.

But it never seemed to upload. So I put the photo into the gallery and called it the "default photo for this waymark."

Has anyone else noticed this? It may be browser dependent, I was using Safari to create the waymark.

I posted a waymark to the Arizona Historic Markers category, and added the photo to the waymark variable.

But it never seemed to upload. So I put the photo into the gallery and called it the "default photo for this waymark."

Has anyone else noticed this? It may be browser dependent, I was using Safari to create the waymark.

I've noticed the same thing, but then again I also use Safari also.

I find if I click "Submit Waymark for Approval" button when I first enter waymark, the picture function fails. If I click "Save Without Submitting" the photo function works correctly. Then I click edit and submit afterwards.

I find if I click "Submit Waymark for Approval" button when I first enter waymark, the picture function fails. If I click "Save Without Submitting" the photo function works correctly. Then I click edit and submit afterwards.

This is beginning to sound like an unplanned feature. :)

I always use "Save without Submitting" so I can see if I made some mistake with HTML in the body, and the photo didn't upload as part of the variable. I had no problem from the "upload image" page, BTW.

BruceS, what browser do you use?

This is beginning to sound like an unplanned feature. :)

I always use "Save without Submitting" so I can see if I made some mistake with HTML in the body, and the photo didn't upload as part of the variable. I had no problem from the "upload image" page, BTW.

BruceS, what browser do you use?

I use Firefox. There is another unplanned "feature" when you use the Save without Submitting though.. it bypasses the check on whether there is another waymark in the same category that is nearby. If you submit for approval you will get a warning if there is one nearby to help avoid duplicates.

Ditto - this same thing happened to me and I ended up doing what Bruce did and it worked out!