Help, Need Info For An All-in-one Unit.

I am wanting to get a all-in-one unit for all my GPS needs. I would like internet access, mapping, downloading, as well as the basic gps functions. Can you please help me with this?

Thanks to all who respond.

I am wanting to get a all-in-one unit for all my GPS needs. I would like internet access, mapping, downloading, as well as the basic gps functions. Can you please help me with this?

Thanks to all who respond.

eXplorist 210. Only like 150.00 for the unit plus Directroute (which gives it turn by turn) at tigergps.com. It has everything you want. What do you mean by internet access?

Would advise against an "all in one" unit ... all your eggs in one basket plus the "wear and tear" factor on the unit while you're in the field.

I would recommend a good feature rich GPSr and a Pocket PC as a better combo. Keep the pocket pc in your pocket but loaded with the cache info (and if you use one with a cell phone built in, you get Internet and phone as well). The GPSr stays in your hand.

I've tried both scenarios ....

The first using an HP IPAQ hw6515 (pocket pc -- add Cachemate and Pocket Streets, cell phone, edge modem for internet connectivity, built-in GPS). Beware this thing burns through the "juice", so you need to charge it almost daily.

The second (two devices) is the way I operate now. I use a Garmin Vista C (wanting to upgrade to the Cx) with City Select for street level navigation and a Cingular 8125 Smartphone (Pocket PC -- add Cachemate for cache writeups, pocket streets for navigation, cell phone with voice recognition -- no fumbling with buttons while phoning for a hint, edge modem for reasonably fast internet connectivity and built-in Wi-fi for when you're near an open wireless hotspot).

The GPSr stays in my hand (or around my neck). The phone stays safely in my pocket or on my hip in it's protective pouch.

Not sure what the "land and sea" thing with magellans was about ... didn't seem to address what you asked.