Under $250.000 Whats The Best.

I actually have an order in for the Explorist 210 Outddor Bundle. I paid $170.00 after rebate. I am also thinking about the Explorist 400 Wilderness Package. Which is about $50.00 more. Both come with the Mapsend Topo 3D USA

I would like the unit to have autorouting ability and compas. And Yes I know these do not have a compass.

Thanks

Edited by Techtravler

Okay, I now have also ordered the 400 WIlderness Package. I just cannot decide here. I really liked the ability to have many waypoints and larger map areas. If though I have purchased this if someone can name a unit that seems better in this price range I will still buy it thanks.

Edited by Techtravler

I would like the unit to have autorouting ability and compas. And Yes I know these do not have a compass.

Nor do they provide autorouting unless you also buy DirectRoute for more $$.

The lowest price with autorouting I can think of is the GPS V/CitySelect package which is available for under $200 and I've sometimes seen the Quest/CitySelect for about $300. Neither has a magnetic compass

Nor do they provide autorouting unless you also buy DirectRoute for more $$.

The lowest price with autorouting I can think of is the GPS V/CitySelect package which is available for under $200 and I've sometimes seen the Quest/CitySelect for about $300. Neither has a magnetic compass

I know it is extra, that is why I said autorouting capable. I just want the option If I choose to purchase it.

I am looking for something more rugged the the GPS V.

Thanks though

Okay, I now have also ordered the 400 WIlderness Package. I just cannot decide here. I really liked the ability to have many waypoints and larger map areas. If though I have purchased this if someone can name a unit that seems better in this price range I will still buy it thanks.

I just recieved my Garmin Legend CX which I paid $239.00 plus $4.99 for 3 day shipping from New Egg. For more info : http://www.newegg.com/Product/MapPrice.asp...N82E16858108029

I am looking for something more rugged the the GPS V.

Having seen how they're put together, you won't find that in any eXplorist.

Would you call the explorist fragile?

No, but from what I've seen neither the eXplorists nor the eTrex series is built as solidly as the old II/III+/V family.