Cityselect North America 7.0

I am loving my new Garmin 60CSX and CitySelect but am having trouble. When I search for a particular address it tells me not found but if I look for it manually it is there on the map. One of the primary reasons for having a GPS is to search for a new location. This has happend several times. I'll enter a street number, the city, a steet name which pops up and I select then it says nothing found. I know it's in the database because it's on the map. Do I have a setting wrong?

photomaniac

I find when address searching it is better to put in too little information. The street number of course and then the street name but not the type (St., Rd., Cres., etc) and then the State or Province. You never know how they have it in the database so let the GPSr give you a choice of what it sees. City names can be different also. An example is a large city like Toronto which is made up of many boroughs (are they still called that?). The DB may have it as Scarborough but you enter Toronto or vice-versa.

The search will only return those matching names for the area covered by your downloaded maps so the list usually isn't too long.

Olar

the incorrect city name has been the greatest problem I have had, especially if you are trying to get an address in an area like Los Angeles. It seems they change city name every 50 feet. When someone gives me an address they always say LA, or chicago. This is most often wrong and I can't get a good result.

Photomaniac you’re not alone. The same thing happens to me. I have a 60CSX with City Select 7. I’ve tried entering the city 1st then the street and the finally the number. I’ve tried about any combination or order I could think of then pan over to the address on the map and find it. I can then see how the map has named it and try that with no result. It appears that the state, city and street come up but when I enter the number it doesn’t recognize.

Thanks for the help. Yes, I've loaded CS. As I mentioned before, I enter a partial street name and select from CS's list. It still comes back with no entries. This seems like a pretty big glitch since the main purpose of a GPS is to find a place in an unfamiliar area. I don't need it to tell me where I am; I already know that!

Edited by photomaniac