Garmin Usb Driver?

I have downloaded hte driver for the usb after the install I plug in the gps and turn it on it goes through the search but cannot find the unit.

Any clues on which driver works? or is the another sequence I should follow?

Thanks

I have the Legend CX

does windows even detect it when you plug it in. If you go to control panel>system>device manager there should be an alert on the list for a unknown usb device. If this doesn't work than windows doesn't even know its plugged in and hasn't used the driver.

I have downloaded hte driver for the usb after the install I plug in the gps and turn it on it goes through the search but cannot find the unit.

Any clues on which driver works? or is the another sequence I should follow?

Thanks

I have the Legend CX

What Oz said plus have you tried another USB device on that port to see if anything will work there?

Whenever a new device is plugged into a USB port Windows will check the type of hardware on the port against it's list and then load the driver appropriate for that device.

After loading the Garmin driver did you reboot the machine? Normally I don't think that is necessary, but it might help.

It goes through the whole loading usb device looks for the driver then says Your device could not be loaded. I will keep playing with it. I just wanted to make sure that this driver works before spending more time.

I wasn't able to find if the unit needed to be in any mode for recieving data. or just the startup screen is ok?

Thanks for the replys