Muggles

warthog

This past weekend we encountered the biggest muggle ever. We were at the Nkuhlu cache in the Kruger and had to wait about 30 minutes for an elephant that was standing next to the picnic spot, about 20 metres from the cache. We wil post photos tomorrow, when we have downloaded them to PC

Hmmm... an eight ton muggle is pretty bad! Of course Bob will reason that these elemuggles, at least, do not ask for your GPSr and passport!

We had something far smaller paying close attention when seeking Frodo's Journey. 90% of the hike up the mountain was in dense cloud, so visibility was down to around 50 feet. A raptor fo sorts - probably a buzzard - starting dive bombing Fox (who was retrieving the cache). I was watching from some distance away. I nitially I could only hear the buzzard but could later see it as it flew a wider arc (presumably building up a bit of speed for the next intimidatory dive!) Then a second buzzard appeared and memories of Alfred Hitchcock's fine films came to light (in an otherwise dim and windy world). Somehow it was all a very satisfying experience. Especially is retrospect!

Had an incident with a VERY large muggle of the human kind last weekend. I was trying to find Vespa's Storms death walk. I couldn't get onto the bridge because the path was blocked by a mountain, who chose that moment to become scared of heights. Stuck fast, wouldn't move. No way to get past and an impatient husband in the car, so I had to leave the find for another day! :)