Swfg Seeks Swmg

:lol: SWTFG (Single, white, 30-ish, female geocacher) seeks SWTMG (Single, white, 30-ish, male geocacher). There oughta be a dating service for geocachers! Only geocachers can truly understand each other! I hear many stories of friends, couples, husband and wife teams caching. I am interested in finding someone my age that shares the same passion for geocaching...there certainly must be someone out there that feels the same way? Aside from my passion for caching, I love traveling, biking, kickboxing, and yoga. Anyone interested in seeking a geocaching partner while also seeking caches? :o

B) SWTFG (Single, white, 30-ish, female geocacher) seeks SWTMG (Single, white, 30-ish, male geocacher). There oughta be a dating service for geocachers! Only geocachers can truly understand each other! I hear many stories of friends, couples, husband and wife teams caching. I am interested in finding someone my age that shares the same passion for geocaching...there certainly must be someone out there that feels the same way? Aside from my passion for caching, I love traveling, biking, kickboxing, and yoga. Anyone interested in seeking a geocaching partner while also seeking caches? B)

Well, first, there have been at least two long-lived threads on the topic of dating and match-making via geocaching; I believe that both were on the Geocaching Topics forum (this forum); you may wish to do a brief search for them!

Next, you sound really neat and cute and spunky, and I am a married male 50-ish geocacher, and I would like to meet you and have a meaningful and warm. . . EEEKK!

Ouch!

Ouch!

Wait a minute!

My dear gorgeous Aussie wife Sue is beating me over the head with a large ammo can. . .

And she is muttering something about how I seem to forget at least once a week that I am in a monogamous relationship....

sigh! B)B)

I guess I retract my offer. . . :):unsure:;)

sigh!

:D:DB)

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team
:unsure:;)B) Hang in there Goldfishy, You don't have to settle for the muggles of life! If I was 20 yrs. younger and you were a 1000 miles closer.....who knows. Don't try to kiss the frog it just makes his bulb light up! Good luck with a good idea, maybe we need another forum to meet geo-partners.

Goldfishy it can be done. Since you're a local here's SpEd's sure fire way to snag a mate via geocaching.

1. Go to events. I met FallenFaery briefly at the 2003 picnic.

2. Invite the people you meet at the events to go caching. We spent many hours waling and talking on the way to caches. You really get to know somebody and become friends on the trails.

3. Once you feel comfortable go on a weekend caching trip. We went on a few overnight caching trips with a small group before we decided that we should make it a thing. You get a better sense of how that person in at all times of the day. If you decide to share a room to "save on costs" it's o.k to pilow fight and paly cards to all hours of the night. But remember to deny any serious interest in that person.

4. If things are really going well... play Scrabble, eat pizza and drink beer. That's the closer. Once you get to this point everybody in the area already thinks you're an item so you will have no choice but to give it a try. The Scrabble, pizza and beer thing is a strory for another time and place. :unsure:

5. After all that is done you will find yourself making a long term commitment, moving in and talking marriage in no time. Plus you will always have a built in caching partner.

So there you have it. It's simple really. Give it a try.

Good luck!

Edited by Special Ed

My dear gorgeous Aussie wife Sue is beating me over the head with a large ammo can. . .

Sue! Don't waist a good ammo can on your hubbie! I'm sure you can find something else just as sturdy to hit him over the head! How about a metal pipe?

You probably already have every single guy geocacher in these forums combing your gallery for a photo of you. Anyway, this was discussed at length in the Geocaching as an online dating service thread. It so happens that the OP in that thread met and married another geocacher.

The best way to meet however is to go to events and find out about group hunts in your area - or arrange a few.

Sue! Don't waist a good ammo can on your hubbie! I'm sure you can find something else just as sturdy to hit him over the head! How about a metal pipe?

My wifes choice of weapon is a marble rolling pin, and she's standing over my shoulder as I skipped past that first post. I'll have to go back later to see what the topic was all about. :unsure:

Of course I did not find what Swfg and Swmg meanings on the definition page, but I'm sure the better half will explain it to me if I ask.

But I'm not that fool hearty.

And why ruin a good ammo box when an iron skillet does such a better job and leaves little if no marks.

Ammo cans have sharp corners you know. Don't you watch CSI?

:ph34r: I've been thinking about moving Southeast, actually. Perhaps if I find a nice male geocacher, and some really appealing caches, that might persuade me. I'm a sucker for men in uniform, especially. But, above all, a man in a jeep makes me DROOL! B)

:ph34r: I've been thinking about moving Southeast, actually. Perhaps if I find a nice male geocacher, and some really appealing caches, that might persuade me. I'm a sucker for men in uniform, especially. But, above all, a man in a jeep makes me DROOL! B)

I have a Jeep and sometimes dress up like a policeman. Do you find me attractive?

03381891-6687-4a72-9d52-525cca894c12.jpg

Your area has a lot of events. There are fairly regular meet and great things and summer ice cream socials etc. When I have gone to events in the area there were a lot of people attending, so it can be a great way to meet people. The GONIL forums have some people who post planning caching outings too. Once you start caching in some groups, you will find that you meet all sorts of people and they might introduce you to other people etc. The worst that can happen is that you make a bunch of new friends. B)

B) I've been thinking about moving Southeast, actually. Perhaps if I find a nice male geocacher, and some really appealing caches, that might persuade me. I'm a sucker for men in uniform, especially. But, above all, a man in a jeep makes me DROOL! :ph34r:

Southwest has much better weather.

:laughing: I've been thinking about moving Southeast, actually. Perhaps if I find a nice male geocacher, and some really appealing caches, that might persuade me. I'm a sucker for men in uniform, especially. But, above all, a man in a jeep makes me DROOL! :laughing:

Note to self: Rent uniform. Buy Jeep. Go caching.

Edited by dkwolf
:laughing: My dkwolf, that's a mighty big gun you have there! I think I forgot to mention, though, I'm strongly against hunting...especially wabbits. :laughing: But, I have no problem getting muddy, (actually I'm pretty good at that!), finding the nastiest thorns, wading through streams, climbing trees, and getting into too much trouble! :ph34r:
:laughing: My dkwolf, that's a mighty big gun you have there! I think I forgot to mention, though, I'm strongly against hunting...especially wabbits. :laughing: But, I have no problem getting muddy, (actually I'm pretty good at that!), finding the nastiest thorns, wading through streams, climbing trees, and getting into too much trouble! :ph34r:

eh, growing up in a family of mostly men that go "hunting" many times it's just a cover up to go out and get drunk... aw heck shouldn't of said that... Not meaning to start anything there.. or am i?? lol Good luck with your hunt!

edited to add:; Errummm search** not hunt*** lol

Edited by wandat24

:laughing: I've been thinking about moving Southeast, actually. Perhaps if I find a nice male geocacher, and some really appealing caches, that might persuade me. I'm a sucker for men in uniform, especially. But, above all, a man in a jeep makes me DROOL! :laughing:

Note to dkwolf: It's a lot cheaper if you BUY the UNIFORM and RENT the JEEP :ph34r:

Only geocachers can truly understand each other!

I disagree, but only a little.... :ph34r:

I honestly wouldn't be getting married if it wasn't for geocaching, but my Snoogstress (Salmongirlhooked) doesn't consider herself a geocacher. She loves to go to events when she has the time off though, but she says we're all a buncha dorks.

I hear many stories of friends, couples, husband and wife teams caching. I am interested in finding someone my age that shares the same passion for geocaching...there certainly must be someone out there that feels the same way? Anyone interested in seeking a geocaching partner while also seeking caches? :laughing:

I used to have the same mindset, but a chain of geocaching related events unfolded that lead me to where I am today.

First off, I met a really nice female geocacher who was much younger than me and that experience opened my mind wider field of choices. I never considered being with someone that much younger until then and we're still very good friends.

Then 9Key posted a Yahoo group to make an organized effort to get GeoWoodstock 4 to come to Texas.

I can't stand yahoo groups (Don't get me started.) and I was bored waiting for the next reply when a personalized message from yahoo personals ran at the top of the screen. I clicked it and liked what I saw in my area so I copied most of my geocaching.com profile over to my yahoo personals profile and sent out a few "ice breakers" to some who caught my eye.

I started talking to a real nice girl from my old home town of Sacramento, who had moved to Houston to accept a management position with REI. We had a whole lot in common and we met a few days later, because I was leaving to go home to Mammoth Lakes, Ca. for a month and we both wanted to get together before I left.

I burned over 1,500 minutes on my LD phone card on that trip and went home a week early and the rest is history. June 18, will be 1 year!

We're getting married in November of 2007 and it's probably a good thing that neither of us wants kids. They would be born at least 1/4 muggle. :laughing::ph34r:

Edited by Snoogans

The Pacific Northwest is where it's at baby.

You really need to put more pictures in your gallery if you want to be successful though. :ph34r:

:ph34r: I've been thinking about moving Southeast, actually. Perhaps if I find a nice male geocacher, and some really appealing caches, that might persuade me. I'm a sucker for men in uniform, especially. But, above all, a man in a jeep makes me DROOL! :laughing:

Note to dkwolf: It's a lot cheaper if you BUY the UNIFORM and RENT the JEEP :laughing:

D'OH!

(of course, that is...unless you were looking for an excuse to buy a Jeep.......)

My wifes choice of weapon is a marble rolling pin, and she's standing over my shoulder as I skipped past that first post. I'll have to go back later to see what the topic was all about. :laughing:

Of course I did not find what Swfg and Swmg meanings on the definition page, but I'm sure the better half will explain it to me if I ask.

But I'm not that fool hearty.

And why ruin a good ammo box when an iron skillet does such a better job and leaves little if no marks.

Ammo cans have sharp corners you know. Don't you watch CSI?

All the married guys know what SWMBO means right?

DWMG here so I don't have that problem anymore! I do have a Jeep though.

Hmmmm, looks like goldfishy is in my part of the country!

Edited by Woodbutcher68

After re-reading the original post, I'm not sure whether the OP is looking for a *caching* partner or a *marriage* partner... or both.

Caching partners aren't too hard to come by. Marriage partners, on the other hand...

If you're looking for someone to date with the hopes of getting married, perhaps geocaching should not be at the top of your "what to look for in a partner" list. It wasn't even on my list, and still wouldn't be if I were single.

Of course, if you're looking for a caching partner, geocacher is item #1.

Whichever type of person you're looking for, you might want to put a little more information about yourself in your profile, typically if someone wants to find out more about you here that's where they will look.

:laughing: What specifically would you like to know? I'm really looking for someone who 'gets' my geocaching habit! Someone who I can call up at any hour of the day and say 'let's go!', and will be up for anything! If it leads to something more, like GeoHo and Mopar, all the better! I've tried telling my best friend about it, but he's more the 'sit on the couch and watch sports type of guy' than the more 'active, like being outdoors, enjoying nature, adventure seeking, mind-engaging geocacher'. :laughing:

I have a Jeep and sometimes dress up like a policeman. Do you find me attractive?

That's hot.

This guy looks just like a beat up, drunk rugby player! Rugby players are hot, but not this one. He's just not my 'type'! :)

What if I promise to get my teeth fixed?

Geocaching events are apparently where you have your best luck. One of the Geocaching.com founders discovered his wife that way. I had better luck at a dance club while in the Air Force so I had the uniform part. My Oldsmobile Delta 88 was what really sealed the deal.

250px-82oldsdelta88.jpg

(mine was white)

Edited by Jeremy

That's hot.

This guy looks just like a beat up, drunk rugby player! Rugby players are hot, but not this one. He's just not my 'type'! :)

Looks more like one of the extras from "Deliverance"

COD got the SWMBO answer right and wins a virtual Travel Bug!

Edited by Woodbutcher68

:lol: Oh, c'mon, guys! Some of you must certainly have some 'hot shots'...perhaps in shorts to show off muscular legs? I showed you mine...now you show me yours! :D

Godlfishy, that is a cute picture! Thanks! :(

I wish you much luck and fun in your hope to find someone via the geocaching world! One word of warning, however: Please do not respond to any romantic overtures from Signal the Frog, as Signal is really a female frog who cross-dresses as a male frog, largely out of sheer boredom because she is kept captive (and also regularly drugged with Chemical X) each and every day at geocaching.com headquarters! :laughing::ph34r::lol:

<_< Oh, c'mon, guys! Some of you must certainly have some 'hot shots'...perhaps in shorts to show off muscular legs? I showed you mine...now you show me yours! ;)

Here I am showing some leg before heading out to work:

23324_600.jpg

And here I am when I dressed up as a macho dude for halloween:

18354f85-f408-4b39-8bf4-1ec111a0c5df.jpg

Edited by briansnat